* test5+ bombing on uhci-hcd
@ 2003-09-28 18:45 Jack Bowling
From: Jack Bowling @ 2003-09-28 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: redhat-list; +Cc: linux-kernel

I suspect there are a few RHers tracking the mainline test kernels. If
so, has anybody run into a problem with uhci-hcd loading? My RH 8 box hangs
instantly with no way of recovery except for a reset. This started with
test5 and continues with test6. According to the changelogs there have
been many USB changes in the past couple of releases as to be expected.
But I'll make a diff and try to wade through it anyway. Just thought I'd
put out an initial feeler.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg@shaw.ca

* Re: test5+ bombing on uhci-hcd
@ 2003-09-28 19:03 ` Brandon Low
From: Brandon Low @ 2003-09-28 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Bowling, redhat-list, linux-kernel

this is a 'me too' I had assumed it was a hardware problem with my
sometimes flaky laptop, but I have had this exact behaviour on the
mm-series starting in about test5 as well (running Gentoo Linux)

--Brandon

On Sun, 09/28/03 at 11:45:33 -0700, Jack Bowling wrote:
> I suspect there are a few RHers tracking the mainline test kernels. If
> so, has anybody run into a problem with uhci-hcd loading? My RH 8 box hangs
> instantly with no way of recovery except for a reset. This started with
> test5 and continues with test6. According to the changelogs there have
> been many USB changes in the past couple of releases as to be expected.
> But I'll make a diff and try to wade through it anyway. Just thought I'd
> put out an initial feeler.
>
> --
> Jack Bowling
> mailto: jbinpg@shaw.ca
> -

* Re: test5+ bombing on uhci-hcd
@ 2003-09-29  9:48 ` Thomas Molina
From: Thomas Molina @ 2003-09-29  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Bowling; +Cc: redhat-list, linux-kernel

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Jack Bowling wrote:

> I suspect there are a few RHers tracking the mainline test kernels. If
> so, has anybody run into a problem with uhci-hcd loading? My RH 8 box hangs
> instantly with no way of recovery except for a reset. This started with
> test5 and continues with test6. According to the changelogs there have
> been many USB changes in the past couple of releases as to be expected.
> But I'll make a diff and try to wade through it anyway. Just thought I'd
> put out an initial feeler.

I've been running dev kernels on several boxes with no trouble concerning
uhci-hcd at all.  The one thing I would suggest is you check that you have
the latest version of the module-init-tools.