* PROBLEM: Impossible to read files from a CD-Rom
@ 2003-08-18 16:35 Sébastien Hinderer
From: Sébastien Hinderer @ 2003-08-18 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Dear all,

I'm using a vanila linux-2.6.0-test3.
When I try to use a CD-Rom, the mount is successful, so are the calls to
ls.
However, as soon as I try to read a file, I get a lot of messages such as :

hdc: rw=0, want=505092, limit=31544
Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 126272
attempt to access beyond end of device

The computer is a Dell Lattitude laptop.
On the same machine, I can use CDs properly with a 2.4.18 kernel.

Cheers,
Sébastien.