* Tools question
@ 2003-10-30 22:40 Jay Denebeim
From: Jay Denebeim @ 2003-10-30 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxkernel

Given a kernel panic with a partial traceback (actually it's a jpg
taken with a digital camera of a screen), how would I identify the
line where the panic occured.

Basically I want something that tells me the offsets of a given line
of code.  I've used tools to do this on other operating systems, what
should I use on Linux?

Jay

--
* Jay Denebeim  Moderator       rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5mod@deepthot.org                *

* Re: Tools question
@ 2003-10-31  9:05 ` Jurriaan
From: Jurriaan @ 2003-10-31  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

From: Jay Denebeim <denebeim@deepthot.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:40:42PM +0000
> Given a kernel panic with a partial traceback (actually it's a jpg
> taken with a digital camera of a screen), how would I identify the
> line where the panic occured.

Oh, and next time, please use a working email address.

<linuxkernel@deepthot.org>
    (reason: 550 Unrouteable address)

... while talking to mail.deepthot.org.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 Unrouteable address
550 5.1.1 <linuxkernel@deepthot.org>... User unknown
<<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

I'd have liked not to pollute linux-kernel with the answer, as I presume
it's already known by almost all people. So a private email would have
been my first choice.

Jurriaan
--
If it wasn't for C, we would be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL!
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.0-test9-mm1 4276 bogomips 0.89 0.37