* IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2003-11-05 19:39 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2003-11-05 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi Dave,

	Here is a set of patches for 2.6.0-test10. As per Linus
requirement, those are only critical bug fixes. The first Oops was
experienced by various people on LKML, the second by me.
        Patches tested on 2.6.0-test9, please push to Linus...

        Thanks...

        Jean

[FEATURE] : Add a new feature to the IrDA stack
[CORRECT] : Fix to have the correct/expected behaviour
[CRITICA] : Fix potential kernel crash

ir2609_ircomm_might_sleep-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Original patch from Martin Diehl>
	o [CRITICA] Don't do copy_from_user() under spinlock
	o [CRITICA] Always access self->skb under spinlock

ir2609_irnet_ppp_open_race-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [CRITICA] Prevent sending status event to dead/kfree sockets
	o [CORRECT] Disable PPP access before deregistration
		PPP deregistration might sleep -> race condition

ir2609_irlmp_open_leak.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Original patch from Chris Wright>
	o [CORRECT] Prevent 'self' leak on error in irlmp_open.
		ASSERT is compiled in only with DEBUG option => risk = 0.

* Re: IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2003-11-05 19:44 ` David S. Miller
From: David S. Miller @ 2003-11-05 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jt; +Cc: jt, linux-kernel

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:39:06 -0800
Jean Tourrilhes <jt@bougret.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> 	Here is a set of patches for 2.6.0-test10. As per Linus
> requirement, those are only critical bug fixes. The first Oops was
> experienced by various people on LKML, the second by me.
>         Patches tested on 2.6.0-test9, please push to Linus...

All applied, thank you.

Please CC: netdev@oss.sgi.com instead of linux-kernel next time
as that is where networking developers read and could review
your changes.

Thanks again.

* Re: IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2004-01-09 10:09 ` David S. Miller
From: David S. Miller @ 2004-01-09 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jt; +Cc: jt, linux-kernel, irda-users, jgarzik

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:31:59 -0800
Jean Tourrilhes <jt@bougret.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> 	As promised, here are the IrDA patches that are good to go in
> the kernel. The last one is the IrCOMM fix that you say you wanted in
> your kernel. The sir-dev fixes are also critical to finish the work on
> SIR dongle drivers. I've kept a few more less tested patches for later.
>         Patches tested on 2.6.0, please push to Linus...

All applied, should make it into 2.6.2

Thanks Jean.

* IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2004-01-08  2:31 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2004-01-08  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi Dave,

	As promised, here are the IrDA patches that are good to go in
the kernel. The last one is the IrCOMM fix that you say you wanted in
your kernel. The sir-dev fixes are also critical to finish the work on
SIR dongle drivers. I've kept a few more less tested patches for later.
        Patches tested on 2.6.0, please push to Linus...

        Thanks...

        Jean

[FEATURE] : Add a new feature to the IrDA stack
[CORRECT] : Fix to have the correct/expected behaviour
[CRITICA] : Fix potential kernel crash

ir2609_irlap_final_timer-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [CORRECT] Proper calculation for F-timer. Improve interoperability.

irXXX_sirdev_txlock.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Martin Diehl>
	o [CRITICA] Fix a potential dealock in sir-dev state machine
	o [FEATURE] Make sir-dev locking compatible with irport

irXXX_sirdev_rawmode.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Apply *after* irXXX_sirdev_txlock.diff patch>
		<Patch from Martin Diehl>
	o [CORRECT] Fix sir-dev 'raw' mode for sir dongles that need it

irXXX_ircomm_alias.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Martin Diehl>
	o [FEATURE] Add module alias for IrCOMM pseudo serial device.

ir2609_afirda_max_string.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [FEATURE] Fix a gcc warning

ir260_ircomm_detach_lock.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [CRITICA] Fix IrCOMM Oops at disconnect (local_bh_enable)

* Re: IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2003-09-06  1:18 ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2003-09-06  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, all applied, and sent to Linus.

* IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2003-09-05 21:40 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2003-09-05 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi Jeff,

	Various IrDA patches. Some you have already seen, some
finishing stuff started, and a few nice critical bugs/race conditions
I spent the week tracking for a user.
        Patches tested on 2.6.0-test4, please push to Linus...

	Thanks...

	Jean

[FEATURE] : Add a new feature to the IrDA stack
[CORRECT] : Fix to have the correct/expected behaviour
[CRITICA] : Fix potential kernel crash

ir2604_ircomm_owner-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [FEATURE] Finish removing traces of old module refcount stuff

ir260_nsc_39x_fixes.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Jan Frey>
	o [CORRECT] Make NSC 3839x probe and init *really* work
		The new 3839x code was totally broken.
		Won't affect code for regular 38108/38338 chips.

ir2604_irtty_cleanup-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [FEATURE] Finish removing traces of old irtty driver

ir2604_lap_close_race-5.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [CRITICA] Fix a race condition when closing the LAP
		prevent the stack to open new LSAPs while we are killing them.

ir2604_connect_watchdog-5.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [CRITICA] In case of connect watchdog, drop reference to the LAP
	o [CORRECT] Prevent dumping LSAP after connect watchdog
	o [CRITICA] Prevent dumping TSAP if dumping LSAP did fail
	o [CORRECT] Only set connected bit on response if LSAP state is correct

ir2604_init_cleanup-6.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Guennadi Liakhovetski>
	o [FEATURE] Don't leak stuff in various failure paths
	o [FEATURE] Properly initialise self->max_header_size in IrIAP

ir2604_modules_aliases.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Rusty Russell>
	o [FEATURE] Add module aliases to dongle drivers

* IrDA patches for 2.6.X
@ 2003-08-08 18:50 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2003-08-08 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Hi Jeff,

	More IrDA driver fixes that I want you to push in
2.6.0-testX. VIA has updated their driver according to your whishes
(with help from Oliver Neukum).
	Patches tested on 2.6.0-test2.

        Thanks in advance...

        Jean

[FEATURE] : Add a new feature to the IrDA stack
[CORRECT] : Fix to have the correct/expected behaviour
[CRITICA] : Fix potential kernel crash

ir260_donau_cleanup.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Christian Gennerat>
	o [CORRECT] Disable chip probing that fail too often
	o [FEATURE] Cleanup STATIC

ir260_lap_retry_count.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	o [CORRECT] add interoperability workaround for 2.4.X IrDA stacks

ir260_usb_probe-4.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Oliver Neukum and Daniele Bellucci>
	o [CORRECT] minor fix to the probe failure path of irda-usb.

ir260_via_ircc-4.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Frank Liu/VIA and Oliver Neukum>
	o [FEATURE] driver for IrDA integrated in VIA chipsets
	o [CORRECT] Use PCI table for probing
	o [FEATURE] Beautify source code

ir260_vlsi-05.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		<Patch from Martin Diehl>
* correct endianess conversion of hardware exposed fields
* we need to check crc16 of rx frames in SIR-mode
  (hardware does this in MIR/FIR modes). Use irda_calc_crc16.
* get rid of BUG'gers - having them in interrupt path isn't fun.
* don't return NET_XMIT_DROP when we drop (dev_kfree_skb_any)
  frames. This value is meant to ask for retransmit so we would
  corrupt the skb slab.
* locking review, corrections and improvements: particularly focus
  on speed setting and start_xmit paths, but also reducing time
  we are staying with interrupts disabled.
* printk-cleanup: less/better syslog msgs, use IRDA_DEBUG and friends.
* default qos_mtt_bits should be 1ms or longer (0x07), not exactly 1ms
* rename IRENABLE_IREN -> IRENABLE_PHYANDCLOCK
* few minor improvements
* compatibility stuff to preserve 2.4 backport path
* it's a pci controller, so we should depend on CONFIG_PCI
* DRIVER_VERSION 0.5

ir260_tekram-sir.diff :
		<Patch from Martin Diehl>
	o [CORRECT] Update tekram-sir dongle driver to common power-settling

ir260_ircomm_owner.diff :
		<Patch from Andrey Borzenkov>
	o [CORRECT] Update module refcount in IrCOMM module

ir260_nsc_39x_fixes.diff :