* Replacing tcp_v4_rcv from a module
@ 2003-11-25  8:21 Gong Su
From: Gong Su @ 2003-11-25  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I need some customized function inside tcp_v4_rcv so I wrote a module to
replace tcp_protocol->handler with my own function pointer; and currently
my own tcp_v4_rcv is just a copy of the original tcp_v4_rcv. But as soon
as traffic came in, my machine locks up hard. I can't think of a reason
why it would do so since I've changed other functions the same way, e.g.,
replacing ip_packet_type->func with my own ip_rcv function pointer without
problem. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for any enlightenment.

--
/Gong

* Re: Replacing tcp_v4_rcv from a module
@ 2003-11-25  9:29 ` Raj
From: Raj @ 2003-11-25  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gong Su; +Cc: linux-kernel

Gong Su wrote:

>I need some customized function inside tcp_v4_rcv so I wrote a module to
>replace tcp_protocol->handler with my own function pointer; and currently

Try calling synchronize_net() after your modification and see if it helps.

/Raj

* Re: Replacing tcp_v4_rcv from a module
@ 2003-11-25 15:40   ` Gong Su
From: Gong Su @ 2003-11-25 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raj; +Cc: linux-kernel

Thanks Raj. Sorry I forgot to say that I'm doing this on 2.4. Is this a 2.5
function? I can't find it in the 2.4 source tree.

--
/Gong

Thus did Raj <raju@mailandnews.com> write:
*>Gong Su wrote:
*>
*>>I need some customized function inside tcp_v4_rcv so I wrote a module to
*>>replace tcp_protocol->handler with my own function pointer; and currently
*>>
*>>