* via kt600 based motherboard compatibility
@ 2003-11-26  3:03 Hanasaki JiJi
From: Hanasaki JiJi @ 2003-11-26  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

been looking and googling for hours... and haven't found a definitive
answer.

Anyone know if, and how well, the following is supported?

================
Asus A7V600
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V600&langs=01
	- ADI AD1980 audio sound
	- eCom 3C940 gigabit ethernet
		does it have a driver?
		does it work on 10/100 too?

================
Soyo sy-kt600 Dragon+ v1.0
http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=280
	- VIA 1616 audio sound
	- VIA VT6307 IEEE1394 - firewire
	- chip?  10/100 ethernet

================
Soyo sy-kt600 Dragon Ultra Platinum
	- CMI 8738 - audio sound
		- kernel 2.4.x and 2.6 has support
	- VT6306 Firewire 1394
	- BCM5705K gigabit ethernet
		does it have a driver?
		does it work on 10/100 too?
	- Silicon Image SIL3112 - SATA
	- 8237 SATA/IDE
	* yes it has both SATA chips and support 4 SATA

================
Gigabyte GA-7V600 1394
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-7VT600%201394.htm
	- Realtek ALC655 sound
	- VIA VT6306 IEEE1394 - firewire
	- RTL8101L - Ethernet network
	- IO - IT8705
	- 8237 SATA/USB

*** what is the ordering of the sound chips, above, from best worst?
	ADI AD1980
	CMI 8738
	VIA 1616
	RT ALC655

*** notice the slightly different firewire chips
	6307 vs 6306

Thank you all for your responses!

* Re: via kt600 based motherboard compatibility
@ 2003-11-26  6:36 ` Florin Iucha
From: Florin Iucha @ 2003-11-26  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hanasaki JiJi; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:03:28PM -0600, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
> Asus A7V600
> http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V600&langs=01
> 	- ADI AD1980 audio sound
> 	- eCom 3C940 gigabit ethernet
> 		does it have a driver?
> 		does it work on 10/100 too?

Haven't tried the sound. The network works fine for me with 2.6.

I cannot get the USB to work. I gave up and got a PCI USB1.1 for my
keyboard and mouse.

I don't have hardware to test the serial ATA.

Cheers,
florin

--

Don't question authority: they don't know either!

* Re: via kt600 based motherboard compatibility
@ 2003-11-26 11:05 ` Marco d'Itri
From: Marco d'Itri @ 2003-11-26 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hanasaki JiJi; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Nov 26, Hanasaki JiJi <hanasaki@hanaden.com> wrote:

 >Asus A7V600
 >http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V600&langs=01
 >	- ADI AD1980 audio sound
 >	- eCom 3C940 gigabit ethernet
 >		does it have a driver?
 >		does it work on 10/100 too?
I bought this one two weeks ago. The gigaethernet port works well and
I'm using it at 10 Mbps half duplex with the sk98 driver. It has a built
in cable tester, but it's not supported by linux.
The sound card works too, but I had to transplant in my kernel an
updated driver from ALSA CVS. This is annoying because ALSA CVS cannot
easily be compiled standalone for a 2.6. kernel.
There are a few problems (currently being debugged) with the IDE adapter
if you do not use the APIC, be sure to enable it when building the
kernel.
I have no SATA hardware, but I remember reading that the controller is
supported.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [3290 l'48jB9jyWEdM]