* HPT366 ate my IDE controllers
@ 2003-12-05  2:15 Rahsheen Porter Sr.
From: Rahsheen Porter Sr. @ 2003-12-05  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml

When I boot 2.6.0test11 on my Abit BP6, it *only* sees the HPT366
controllers. The other 2 controllers built in to the mobo don't show
up at all. All I see is what's plugged into the 2 HPT366 controllers.

So my root partition, which resides on /dev/hde1 with 2.4.20, becomes
/dev/hda1. And my extra partitions that were on /dev/hdg are on
/dev/hdc. This wouldn't be a problem accept that what was on /dev/hda
and hdc are now gone.

What would cause the kernel to totally ignore the built in controllers?

--
Rahsheen Porter	<microrahsheen@comcast.net>

* Re: HPT366 ate my IDE controllers
@ 2003-12-05  3:51 ` Gene Heskett
From: Gene Heskett @ 2003-12-05  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahsheen Porter Sr., lkml

On Thursday 04 December 2003 21:15, Rahsheen Porter Sr. wrote:
>When I boot 2.6.0test11 on my Abit BP6, it *only* sees the HPT366
>controllers. The other 2 controllers built in to the mobo don't show
>up at all. All I see is what's plugged into the 2 HPT366
> controllers.
>
>So my root partition, which resides on /dev/hde1 with 2.4.20,
> becomes /dev/hda1. And my extra partitions that were on /dev/hdg
> are on /dev/hdc. This wouldn't be a problem accept that what was on
> /dev/hda and hdc are now gone.
>
>What would cause the kernel to totally ignore the built in
> controllers?

I'd bet a small amount that there is something in the bios you've set
that is making that decision for you.  Probably a boot offboard
controllers first or some such.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M