* RE: Tell user when ACPI is killing machine
@ 2003-12-04  5:27 Yu, Luming
From: Yu, Luming @ 2003-12-04  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

>cpufreq is not connected to acpi thermal subsystem. Dominik has some
>patches to change that, IIRC.
Is it merged into ACPI ?

* Re: Tell user when ACPI is killing machine
@ 2003-12-04  9:54 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-12-04  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

> >cpufreq is not connected to acpi thermal subsystem. Dominik has some
> >patches to change that, IIRC.
> Is it merged into ACPI ?

Not yet, IIRC. It is pretty big patch.
								Pavel

--
Horseback riding is like software...
...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.

* Re: [ACPI] Re: Tell user when ACPI is killing machine
@ 2003-12-04 10:01   ` Damien Sandras
From: Damien Sandras @ 2003-12-04 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a similar problem since test10 and test11 (2.4.23 is ok, test9 is
ok too). ACPI reports bogus temperatures and powers the machine down.

If you have a patch that could fix that problem, I'm ready to try it and
report success or failure ;)

--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-

* Re: [ACPI] Re: Tell user when ACPI is killing machine
@ 2003-12-04 10:56     ` Pavel Machek
       [not found]       ` <yw1x8ylsltb3.fsf@kth.se>
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-12-04 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

> I have a similar problem since test10 and test11 (2.4.23 is ok, test9 is
> ok too). ACPI reports bogus temperatures and powers the machine
> down.

> If you have a patch that could fix that problem, I'm ready to try it and
> report success or failure ;)

I have ugly workaround ("if temperature reported is > 200Celsius,
ignore it").
								Pavel

--

@ 2003-12-06 11:14         ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-12-06 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M?ns Rullg?rd; +Cc: acpi-devel, linux-kernel

Hi!

> >> I have a similar problem since test10 and test11 (2.4.23 is ok, test9 is
> >> ok too). ACPI reports bogus temperatures and powers the machine
> >> down.
> >
> >> If you have a patch that could fix that problem, I'm ready to try it and
> >> report success or failure ;)
> >
> > I have ugly workaround ("if temperature reported is > 200Celsius,
> > ignore it").
>
> I'm just curious, are these (and other ACPI related) problems caused
> by bugs in Linux, or by hardware/firmware bugs?

Its hard to tell one from another without extensive debugging...
								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]