* Need Quota Support for Reiserfs Partition
@ 2003-12-15  1:08 Bobby Hitt
From: Bobby Hitt @ 2003-12-15  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I'm using Slackware Linux with kernel version 2.6.0-test11. All of my
partitions are Rieserfs. I now have a need to use quotas on a partition, but
according to the help screen using "make menuconfig" quotas are only
available under the ext2 file systems. Is there a patch to allow quotas
under rieserfs? One of my searches said that Reiserfs and quotas were
supported under 2.6.0, but when I try and mount the partition with this line
in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hde2 /downloads reiserfs defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 2

I get this error:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hde2,
       or too many mounted file systems

If I take the usrquota,grpquota off, the mount works fine.

TIA,

Bobby

* Re: Need Quota Support for Reiserfs Partition
@ 2003-12-15  8:53 ` Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2003-12-15  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bobby Hitt; +Cc: linux-kernel

  Hi,

> I'm using Slackware Linux with kernel version 2.6.0-test11. All of my
> partitions are Rieserfs. I now have a need to use quotas on a partition, but
> according to the help screen using "make menuconfig" quotas are only
> available under the ext2 file systems. Is there a patch to allow quotas
> under rieserfs? One of my searches said that Reiserfs and quotas were
> supported under 2.6.0, but when I try and mount the partition with this line
> in /etc/fstab:
>
> /dev/hde2 /downloads reiserfs defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 2
>
> I get this error:
>
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hde2,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>

> If I take the usrquota,grpquota off, the mount works fine.
  AFAIK ReiserFS doesn't support quotas in 2.6 kernel. Chris Mason
<mason@suse.com> maintains needed patches for 2.4 and is working on
porting them to 2.6 but they are not yet ported.

									Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
SuSE CR Labs

* Re: Need Quota Support for Reiserfs Partition
@ 2003-12-16 15:35   ` Jacky Malcles
From: Jacky Malcles @ 2003-12-16 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kara; +Cc: Bobby Hitt, linux-kernel

Jan,

do you know if quotas are working with ext3 FS ?
I'm using kernel 2.6.0test9 and quota-3.09-1
and I  can't turn them on,
quotaon command returns:
quotaon: using /users/aquota.user on /dev/sdc2 [/users]: No such process
quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.
many thanks,

Jan Kara wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> > I'm using Slackware Linux with kernel version 2.6.0-test11. All of my
> > partitions are Rieserfs. I now have a need to use quotas on a partition, but
> > according to the help screen using "make menuconfig" quotas are only
> > available under the ext2 file systems. Is there a patch to allow quotas
> > under rieserfs? One of my searches said that Reiserfs and quotas were
> > supported under 2.6.0, but when I try and mount the partition with this line
> > in /etc/fstab:
> >
> > /dev/hde2 /downloads reiserfs defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 2
> >
> > I get this error:
> >
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hde2,
> >        or too many mounted file systems
> >

> > If I take the usrquota,grpquota off, the mount works fine.
>   AFAIK ReiserFS doesn't support quotas in 2.6 kernel. Chris Mason
> <mason@suse.com> maintains needed patches for 2.4 and is working on
> porting them to 2.6 but they are not yet ported.
>
>                                                                         Honza
>
> --
> Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
> SuSE CR Labs
> -

 Jacky Malcles    	     B1-173   Email : Jacky.Malcles@bull.net
 Tel : 04.76.29.73.14

* Re: Need Quota Support for Reiserfs Partition
@ 2003-12-16 19:29     ` Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez @ 2003-12-16 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Tuesday, 16 December 2003, at 16:35:14 +0100,
Jacky Malcles wrote:

> do you know if quotas are working with ext3 FS ?

Yes, they work, I have just tested it over a LV block-device.

> I'm using kernel 2.6.0test9 and quota-3.09-1

kernel version 2.6.0-test10-mm1 and 3.09-3 (Debian Sid) here.

> and I  can't turn them on,

Did you mount the filesystem with "-o usrquota,grpquota" ?. Do you
compiled support for generic quotas and for the quota version (V2) you
seem to be using (module quota_v2) ?.

Greetings.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0-test10-mm1)