* 2.6.0-test11 BK: sg and scanner modules not auto-loaded?
@ 2003-12-18 11:02 Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2003-12-18 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have
alias char-major-21 sg

in /etc/modprobe.conf, but still my sg module is not loaded
automatically on first access to /dev/sg0. I must load the module
manually ("modprobe sg" will do).

Similar considerations apply to scanner:
alias char-major-180-48 scanner

is in /etc/modprobe.conf, but opening such a device doesn't read the
module. I'm not sure if it's hotplug's task to pull this module in, this
is SuSE Linux 8.2.

.config snippet:
#
# Loadable module support
#
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD=y
CONFIG_OBSOLETE_MODPARM=y
# CONFIG_MODVERSIONS is not set
CONFIG_KMOD=y

--
Matthias Andree

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-18 11:02 UTC | newest]