* Re: [BUG] 2.6.1-rc1-mm1 with r8169 driver
@ 2004-01-02 23:59 DaMouse Networks
From: DaMouse Networks @ 2004-01-02 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I made a "failed" file, heres what i put in it for debugging :)

If i don't state errors then it patched/compiled/loaded as near cleanly as you can with a few steps of version between what your using.
r8169-dma-api-rx-buffers.patch - froze on ifconfig
r8169-dma-api-rx-buffers-ahum.patch - joined with above
r8169-rx_copybreak.patch - 3 HUNK failure on patch maybe due to first two failures

got kpanics on mac-phy patch after this and decided to send you this sooner

* Re: [BUG] 2.6.1-rc1-mm1 with r8169 driver
@ 2004-01-02 21:23 ` Francois Romieu
From: Francois Romieu @ 2004-01-02 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DaMouse Networks; +Cc: linux-kernel

DaMouse Networks <damouse@ntlworld.com> :
> The r8169 Realtek driver hangs on bootup with the -mm1 patch but not with
> the plain -rc1 patch (IIRC) any ideas?

You can go to http://www.fr.zoreil.com/linux/kernel/2.6.x/2.6.0-test11 and
apply the patches to plain -rc1 in order as described in the readme file.
Once the patch which kills the driver is identified, I should be able to
clean my mess.

(if someone knows a retail store in Paris where r8169 clones are available,
please drop me a mail, thanks)

--
Ueimor

* [BUG] 2.6.1-rc1-mm1 with r8169 driver
@ 2004-01-02 19:07 DaMouse Networks
From: DaMouse Networks @ 2004-01-02 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

The r8169 Realtek driver hangs on bootup with the -mm1 patch but not with the plain -rc1 patch (IIRC) any ideas?

	-DaMouse