* Two CDROM drives and module compilation of CDROM Support
@ 2004-01-13  9:03 Little Djo
From: Little Djo @ 2004-01-13  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

if I build CDROM support as module, then work only first CDROM (hdc):
[root]# modprobe ide-cd
[root]# dmesg | tail -3
ide-cd: ignoring drive hdd
hdc: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12

if i compile CDROM support in kernel, all two drives work!

this feature present in kernel 2.6.0 (-test## also), 2.6.1, 2.6.1-mm1,
but don't present in kernel 2.4.x

--
Удачи,                                            Hatred

:: Linux team :: FREE OS for FREE people :: VLUG team ::
   http://linux.pk.ru, http://iatp.festu.ru/~hatred
        hatred@iatp.festu.ru, h4tr3d@yandex.ru

* Re: Two CDROM drives and module compilation of CDROM Support
@ 2004-01-13  9:22 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2004-01-13  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Little Djo; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Jan 13 2004, Little Djo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I build CDROM support as module, then work only first CDROM (hdc):
> [root]# modprobe ide-cd
> [root]# dmesg | tail -3
> ide-cd: ignoring drive hdd
> hdc: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
> Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
>
> if i compile CDROM support in kernel, all two drives work!
>
> this feature present in kernel 2.6.0 (-test## also), 2.6.1, 2.6.1-mm1,
> but don't present in kernel 2.4.x

Most likely you have an entry in /etc/modules.conf ala

options ide-cd ignore=hdd

so ide-cd discards hdd (maybe you used to drive it with ide-scsi?)

--
Jens Axboe