* (no subject)
@ 2004-02-24 13:58 Jim Deas
From: Jim Deas @ 2004-02-24 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Can someone point me in the right direction.
I am getting a oops on a driver I am porting from 2.4 to 2.6.2 kernel.
I have expanded the file_operations structures and have a driver that loads and inits the hardware but when I call the open function I get an oops. The best I can track it is

EIP 0060:[c0188954]
chrdev_open +0x104

What is the best debug tool to put this oops information in clear sight? It appears to never get to my modules open routine so I am at a debugging crossroad. What is the option on a kernel compile to get the compile listing so I can see what is at 0x104 in this block of code?