* Oracle SHM values?
@ 2004-03-10 18:40 Robert L. Harris
From: Robert L. Harris @ 2004-03-10 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Kernel

I have users who need this:
set the following in  /usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam.h
SHMMAX  128MB
SHMMIN     1
SHMMNI     100
SHMSEG      10

and following in    /usr/src/linux/inlude/linux/sem.h

SEMMNI       100
SEMMSL       60
SEMMNS      110
SEMOPM       100
SEMVMX      32767

then recompile and install.

Is there a way to pass these values via append, or anything other than
having a one-off custom kernel config?

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.

* Re: Oracle SHM values?
@ 2004-03-27 23:45 ` Michael Mauch
From: Michael Mauch @ 2004-03-27 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I have users who need this:
> set the following in  /usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam.h
> SHMMAX  128MB
> SHMMIN     1
> SHMMNI     100
> SHMSEG      10
>
> and following in    /usr/src/linux/inlude/linux/sem.h
>
> SEMMNI       100
> SEMMSL       60
> SEMMNS      110
> SEMOPM       100
> SEMVMX      32767

> then recompile and install.

> Is there a way to pass these values via append, or anything other than
> having a one-off custom kernel config?

You can set some of them with sysctl:

% sysctl -a | egrep "sem|shm"
kernel.sem = 250        32000   32      128
kernel.shmmni = 4096
kernel.shmall = 2097152
kernel.shmmax = 33554432

The order of the space separated list in kernel.sem is semmsl semmns
semopm semmni (see /usr/src/linux/ipc/sem.c).

I guess the "missing" variables are no longer needed in kernel 2.4/2.6.

Regards...
		Michael