* libusb scanner hangs with 2.6.x-mm kernels
@ 2004-04-06 19:47 Joerg Sommrey
From: Joerg Sommrey @ 2004-04-06 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

since 2.6.3-mm4 most of the mm-kernels cause a complete hang of libusb
applications accessing my Epson perfection 1260 scanner.  Disabling
hotplug (i.e. replacing /sbin/hotplug with /bin/true)  solved the
problem on some kernels, on others this made my usb mouse unusable.
Plain vanilla kernels and rc-series work fine.  There has been some
discussion on this topic on the usb-developer's list.  I'm not sure if
this problem is already addressed on the kernel mailing list.

This problem prevents me from using mm-kernels.

-jo

--
-rw-r--r--    1 jo       users          80 2004-04-06 18:59 /home/jo/.signature

* Re: libusb scanner hangs with 2.6.x-mm kernels
@ 2004-04-06 20:29 ` Gene Heskett
From: Gene Heskett @ 2004-04-06 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 15:47, Joerg Sommrey wrote:
>Hello,
>
>since 2.6.3-mm4 most of the mm-kernels cause a complete hang of
> libusb applications accessing my Epson perfection 1260 scanner.
> Disabling hotplug (i.e. replacing /sbin/hotplug with /bin/true)
> solved the problem on some kernels, on others this made my usb
> mouse unusable. Plain vanilla kernels and rc-series work fine.
> There has been some discussion on this topic on the usb-developer's
> list.  I'm not sure if this problem is already addressed on the
> kernel mailing list.
>
>This problem prevents me from using mm-kernels.
>
>-jo

See the patch attached to one of my messages a few minutes ago, from
David Brownell that I just posted back to this and the linux-usb
lists.  That seems to fix it right up.  Its an attachment called
Diff-xsane-hang now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

* Re: libusb scanner hangs with 2.6.x-mm kernels
@ 2004-04-06 21:05   ` Joerg Sommrey
From: Joerg Sommrey @ 2004-04-06 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 04:29:48PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> See the patch attached to one of my messages a few minutes ago, from
> David Brownell that I just posted back to this and the linux-usb
> lists.  That seems to fix it right up.  Its an attachment called
> Diff-xsane-hang now.

Great, thanks a lot.  Just two problems left :-)

-jo

--
-rw-r--r--    1 jo       users          80 2004-04-06 23:01 /home/jo/.signature