* ARM: PCI Bridge Problems
@ 2004-08-16 12:59 Thomas Winkler
From: Thomas Winkler @ 2004-08-16 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I'm not subscribed to LKM so please CC me on replies.

I'm currently developing for the ARM IXP425 platform.
With Kernel 2.6.7 I've run into PCI related problems. I have
a custom PCI board (with 2 DSPs on it) that is plugged into the
IXDP425 board. In front of the DSPs there is sitting a bridge
chip (TI2050). Unfortunately there is something wrong with
handling the bridge in Kernel 2.6 on ARM. The content of /proc/pci
looks like this:

http://www.wnk.at/tmp/ixp425/proc_pci.txt

This shows the 425 processor sitting behind the bridge which is just
plain wrong.

When using Kernel 2.4.24-uc0 on the very same board the 425 is
sitting on bus0 as it should.
There is something more I've observed: When pluging in multiple
pci boards with bridges on them the 425 shows up behind every (!)
bridge.

If there is anybody out there who can help me getting this problem
solved I'd really be thankful!

Tom Winkler

* Re: ARM: PCI Bridge Problems
@ 2004-08-16 13:23 ` Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2004-08-16 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Winkler; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:59:03PM +0200, Thomas Winkler wrote:
> If there is anybody out there who can help me getting this problem
> solved I'd really be thankful!

Just a thought, but you could try posting this to the ARM kernel list
linux-arm-kernel which is located on lists.arm.linux.org.uk

I suspect there may be something wrong with the IXP code which
decides whether the access is to the host bridge.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/