* Re: 2.6.4: Mount of /dev/hdb1 impssible
@ 2004-08-24 16:21 Will McDonald
From: Will McDonald @ 2004-08-24 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

For the benefit of those searching list archives:

I had this problem while upgrading from 2.6.2 to 2.6.6 (and 2.6.7/2.6.8), so
the problems seems to have arrision in either 2.6.3 or 2.6.4.

The solution (at least for a few people who have experienced this) is to
remove the evms package. Look for the existence of (on my system) /dev/evms/.

Not strictly necessary, but can anyone in the know explain why this broke?

-will

@ 2004-03-11 19:29 Markus Hästbacka
From: Markus Hästbacka @ 2004-03-11 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,
I upgraded from 2.6.4-rc2 to 2.6.4 today, a few minutes before reboot I
noticed that my /dev/hdb1 hadn't been mounted on last reboot, so I tried
to mount it by hand:
# mount /work
mount: /dev/hdb1 already mounted or /work/ busy

Then I thought it'll be fixed when I boot up my 2.6.4, it wasn't, I
tried to mount it to various locations (/mnt/ /mnt/work etc..) and it
didn't want to mount, I'm totally out of ideas with this. according to
df it's not mounted, according to mount it's not mounted and according
to mtab it's not mounted, so what's going on?

It mounts fine on my 2.6.1-mm4 kernel that I use for SCSI burning and
fallback if something fails.

Thanks in advice.

        Markus