* 8139C+/8169 and suspend mode
@ 2004-09-25 19:40 Francois Romieu
From: Francois Romieu @ 2004-09-25 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: jgarzik, Jon Mason, linux-kernel

Does anyone have positive experience with suspend mode on the aforementionned
chipset ?

Rationale: Jon noticed that the r8169 driver did not correctly set the dirty
Rx ring index when the driver tries to reset the chipset (rtl8169_hw_start)
after a Tx timeout recovery. The chipset is told where the Tx/Rx rings start
but the software driver works with a badly inaccurate (rx_cur, rx_dirty) pair.

If I am not mistaken, the same pattern applies to the resume function in the
r8169 driver and in the 8139cp driver.

So, despite me thinking that the poor thing is in a bad state, is there
anybody who actually succeeds using it ?

--
Ueimor

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-25 19:44 UTC | newest]