* Maestro3 hw volume buttons on HP OB6000 (need help from HP)
@ 2004-11-19 14:19 Ville Syrjälä
From: Ville Syrjälä @ 2004-11-19 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: linux-kernel

I've been trying to get the hardware volume buttons to work on my HP
OmniBook 6000 laptop. The audio chip is an ESS Maestro 3 and the specs are
available. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be enough to make the
buttons work.

There is something messing with hw volume pins since I get a constant
flood of events. I can't enable the hw volume interrupt because the system
will hang under the interrupt load. It does appear that the the buttons
are actually connected to the right pins since I can see some changes in
the data when I press the buttons (observed using another interrupt
source).

The laptop requires a HP specific driver even under Windows. Otherwise the
hw volume buttons don't behave properly (mute and vol up act as mute, vol
down does nothing). The standard driver doesn't hang the machine though.

I'd really appreciate some help from HP.

--
Ville Syrjälä
syrjala@sci.fi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-11-19 14:22 UTC | newest]