* Help me about (char-major-156)
@ 2004-11-29 11:47 Umar Draz
From: Umar Draz @ 2004-11-29 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi Dear Members

  i have redhat 7.3 with text based installation today i have upgrade my
kernel with 2.4.20 and its configure successfully. but i have problem on
wvdial for dailing ppp connection.

i see my /var/log/messages there is 2 lines

modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-154
modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-156

plz help me what kind of configuration on kernel i have miss and what i can
to do for solving this problem . pzl help me

thanks and regards

Umar Draz

* Re: Help me about (char-major-156)
@ 2004-11-29 12:00 ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2004-11-29 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umar Draz; +Cc: linux-kernel

    Hi Umar :)

 * Umar Draz <kernel_org@hotmail.com> dixit:
> i see my /var/log/messages there is 2 lines
> modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-154
> modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-156

    Seems you are lacking an 'alias' entry for a Specialix RIO card,
which is VERY strange :???

    If your old kernel works then the problem is probably in the
configuration of your new kernel.

    What did you exactly to configure your new kernel?

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/