* Maximum packet size in kernel
@ 2004-12-02  9:44 cranium2003
From: cranium2003 @ 2004-12-02  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernerl mail; +Cc: net dev

hello,
I want to know how much maximum packet size is
assigned by alloc_skb in kernel? and is there any
extra space remains in packet allocated memory?
Does it dependent on CPU cache?
regards,
cranium.

http://my.yahoo.com

* global memory access
@ 2004-12-04 22:05 ` Lan Xue
From: Lan Xue @ 2004-12-04 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: kernerl mail

Hi,

I was wondering how a user-level program can share a writable memory
buffer with the kernel. The memory can either belongs to the kernel space
or the user space, but both kernel module and user program should be able
to access(read, write) it.

Any hint? Many thanks,

Lan

* Re: global memory access
@ 2004-12-05  0:47   ` Tommy Reynolds
From: Tommy Reynolds @ 2004-12-05  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Uttered Lan Xue <lanxue@soe.ucsc.edu>, spake thus:

> I was wondering how a user-level program can share a writable memory
> buffer with the kernel. The memory can either belongs to the kernel space
> or the user space, but both kernel module and user program should be able
> to access(read, write) it.

$ man 2 mmap

Cheers!