* phram problems and patch
@ 2004-12-13 17:05 Marcin Gibuła
From: Marcin Gibuła @ 2004-12-13 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

Hi,
Are there any reasons why this patch hasn't been merged into mainline?
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-October/010659.html

It makes phram working for me...

--
mg

* Re: phram problems and patch
@ 2004-12-13 17:28 ` Jörn Engel
From: Jörn Engel @ 2004-12-13 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Gibu?a; +Cc: Linux Kernel, Andrew Morton, David Woodhouse

On Mon, 13 December 2004 18:05:53 +0100, Marcin Gibu?a wrote:

> Are there any reasons why this patch hasn't been merged into mainline?
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-October/010659.html
>
> It makes phram working for me...

According to David, it's on it's way.  There are more patches pending,
though.  Looks like phram is under active development again. :)

Out of curiosity, what do you use it for?

Jörn

--
You can't tell where a program is going to spend its time. Bottlenecks
occur in surprising places, so don't try to second guess and put in a

* Re: phram problems and patch
@ 2004-12-13 17:31   ` David Woodhouse
From: David Woodhouse @ 2004-12-13 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jörn Engel; +Cc: Marcin Gibu?a, Linux Kernel, Andrew Morton

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 18:28 +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:
> According to David, it's on it's way.

It's on its way and is already in the -mm tree. Should be in Linus' tree
soon after 2.6.10 is released.

>  There are more patches pending, though.

Assuming you mean the other bits you already committed to CVS, those are
in bk://linux-mtd.bkbits.net/mtd-2.6 as of this morning, and should
hence be in the next -mm release too.

--
dwmw2

* Re: phram problems and patch
@ 2004-12-13 17:35     ` Jörn Engel
From: Jörn Engel @ 2004-12-13 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Woodhouse; +Cc: Marcin Gibu?a, Linux Kernel, Andrew Morton

On Mon, 13 December 2004 17:31:58 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 18:28 +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:
>
> >  There are more patches pending, though.
>
> Assuming you mean the other bits you already committed to CVS, those are
> in bk://linux-mtd.bkbits.net/mtd-2.6 as of this morning, and should
> hence be in the next -mm release too.

There is one more, but I wouldn't dare releasing that one yet.  Still
in the design phase.  Rest is in CVS, yes.

Jörn

--
The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
-- John Powell