* bkbits problem?
@ 2004-12-16 19:01 Matthew Dharm
From: Matthew Dharm @ 2004-12-16 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kernel Developer List

Is anyone besides me having difficulty cloning a tree from
linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 or 2.6?

I keep getting:

[mdharm@g5 mdharm]$ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 linux-405-2.5
Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
   -> file://home/mdharm/linux-405-2.5
BAD gzip hdr
read: No such file or directory
0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
sfio errored

I can clone from linuxusb, so I don't _think_ it's a problem on my end...

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

It was a new hope.
					-- Dust Puppy
User Friendly, 12/25/1998

* Re: bkbits problem?
@ 2004-12-16 21:16 ` Andrew Walrond
From: Andrew Walrond @ 2004-12-16 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Matthew Dharm, bitkeeper-users

On Thursday 16 Dec 2004 19:01, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> Is anyone besides me having difficulty cloning a tree from
> linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 or 2.6?
>
> I keep getting:
>
> [mdharm@g5 mdharm]$ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 linux-405-2.5
> Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
>    -> file://home/mdharm/linux-405-2.5
> BAD gzip hdr
> read: No such file or directory
> 0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
> sfio errored
>
> I can clone from linuxusb, so I don't _think_ it's a problem on my end...

I reported the same thing on Sunday to the bitkeeper-users ML (see below)
Interestingly, I can 'pull' to an existing linux-2.5 repo now, but clone is
still busted.

bitkeeper-users is deathly quiet. I got no reply since sunday. Has christmas
started early at Bitmovers?   ;)

Since yesterday night, when I try a pull an existing clone of
bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6, I get a hang 20s hang like this:

 andrew@orac linux-bk $ bk pull
 Pull bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6
   -> file://home/andrew/kernels/linux-bk
 Nothing to pull.
 [HANG 20s or so]
 andrew@orac linux-bk $

If I try to get a new clone, I get some really funky stuff:

 andrew@orac test $ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6
 Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6
    -> file://home/andrew/test/linux-2.5
 BAD gzip hdr
 read: No such file or directory
 0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
 sfio errored
 andrew@orac test $

Tried on two seperate machines in UK and US, so I don't think its me or
internet breakage...

Andrew Walrond

* Re: bkbits problem?
@ 2004-12-16 21:45   ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2004-12-16 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Walrond; +Cc: linux-kernel, Matthew Dharm, bitkeeper-users

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:16:57 +0000, Andrew Walrond <andrew@walrond.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 16 Dec 2004 19:01, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> > Is anyone besides me having difficulty cloning a tree from
> > linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 or 2.6?
> >
> > I keep getting:
> >
> > [mdharm@g5 mdharm]$ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 linux-405-2.5
> > Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
> >    -> file://home/mdharm/linux-405-2.5
> > BAD gzip hdr
> > read: No such file or directory
> > 0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
> > sfio errored
> >
> > I can clone from linuxusb, so I don't _think_ it's a problem on my end...
> >

> I reported the same thing on Sunday to the bitkeeper-users ML (see below)
> Interestingly, I can 'pull' to an existing linux-2.5 repo now, but clone is
> still busted.

Try using http for cloning - worked for me last time (bk clone
http://linux.....)

--
Dmitry

* Re: bkbits problem?