* Documentation on top half and bottom halves
@ 2004-12-18  9:34 krishna
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: krishna @ 2004-12-18  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

Hi all,

    Can any one tell me good Documentation on bottom halves beyond doubt.

Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya

* Re: Documentation on top half and bottom halves
@ 2004-12-18 10:56 ` Clemens Buchacher
From: Clemens Buchacher @ 2004-12-18 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krishna; +Cc: Linux Kernel

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 03:04:26PM +0530, krishna wrote:
>    Can any one tell me good Documentation on bottom halves beyond doubt.

Documentation on Tasklets:

- http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/ch09.html#t5
- kernel/softirq.c

Documentation on Workqueues:

- http://lwn.net/Articles/23634/
- kernel/workqueue.c

Clemens

* Re: Documentation on top half and bottom halves
@ 2004-12-18 12:21 ` krishna
From: krishna @ 2004-12-18 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drizzd; +Cc: Linux Kernel

Thank you very much

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 03:04:26PM +0530, krishna wrote:
>    Can any one tell me good Documentation on bottom halves beyond doubt.

Documentation on Tasklets:

- http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/ch09.html#t5
- kernel/softirq.c

Documentation on Workqueues:

- http://lwn.net/Articles/23634/
- kernel/workqueue.c

Clemens
-

* Re: Documentation on top half and bottom halves
@ 2004-12-18 13:41 ` krishna
From: krishna @ 2004-12-18 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drizzd, Linux Kernel

Hi,

How to understand when to use which mechanism depending upon the hardware:

1) If DMA support is not there and If it is there.
2) If Shared Interrupts are there and not there.
3) If there are multiple same Host controllers and single Host Controller.

Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya

Thank you very much

@ 2004-12-18 14:08   ` Arnd Bergmann