* i2c-parport boot time parameters
@ 2004-12-27 13:23 Karel Kulhavy
From: Karel Kulhavy @ 2004-12-27 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello

Is it possible to configure i2c-parport driver using boot time commandline
parameters? If so, where are these parameters described? I found just
description of module parameters using modinfo i2c-parport.

Cl<

* Re: i2c-parport boot time parameters
@ 2004-12-27 17:27 ` Domen Puncer
From: Domen Puncer @ 2004-12-27 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karel Kulhavy; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 27/12/04 13:23 +0000, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to configure i2c-parport driver using boot time commandline
> parameters? If so, where are these parameters described? I found just
> description of module parameters using modinfo i2c-parport.

Yes, for modules that use module_param (i2c-parport does), you can
use module.parameter=blah in boot line.

This is described in Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

	Domen

* Re: i2c-parport boot time parameters
@ 2004-12-27 21:08   ` Karel Kulhavy
From: Karel Kulhavy @ 2004-12-27 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Domen Puncer; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 06:27:39PM +0100, Domen Puncer wrote:
> On 27/12/04 13:23 +0000, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Is it possible to configure i2c-parport driver using boot time commandline
> > parameters? If so, where are these parameters described? I found just
> > description of module parameters using modinfo i2c-parport.
>
> Yes, for modules that use module_param (i2c-parport does), you can
> use module.parameter=blah in boot line.

How do I determine whether module uses module_param without examining the
code? Does running modinfo suffice?

> This is described in Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

Thanks. I have updated the information on I2C2P homepage.

Cl<