* Re: Sym2 driver timeouts on powerstacks
       [not found] ` <20050107144822.GS27371@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
@ 2005-01-07 18:20   ` marvin24
From: marvin24 @ 2005-01-07 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-scsi

Hi Matt,

in the meantime I checked 2.6.8 kernel and this one works fine. There were
some changes in the interrupt code in in version 2.6.9 I think, so I second
your opinion that the real problem is not the scsi driver, but some irq
problems. Other people (on linuxppc-dev@ozlab.org) also noted this.
Unfortunatly, I have no direct access to this machine anymore to do some
debuging, but I'm sure this will come up again in the (far) future - so be
warned...

Anyway, thanks for your help

Marc

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 15:48 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:54:49PM +0100, Marc Dietrich wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a 2.6.10 kernel to run on a Motorola Powerstack II
> > (Utah). This is a PReP (powerpc) machine.
>
> I just had a thought:
>
> sym0: SCSI BUS has been reset.
> scsi0 : sym-2.1.18m
> elevator: using anticipatory as default io scheduler
> sym0:0:0:ccb @c7d9ac00 using tag 256.
> sym0: queuepos=2.
> sym0:0:0: ABORT operation started.
> sym0:0:0: ABORT operation timed-out.
> sym0:0:0: DEVICE RESET operation started.
> sym0:0:0: DEVICE RESET operation timed-out.
> sym0:0:0: BUS RESET operation started.
> sym0:0:0: BUS RESET operation timed-out.
> sym0:0:0: HOST RESET operation started.
> sym0:0:0:ccb @c7d9ac00 freeing tag 256.
> sym0: SCSI BUS has been reset.
>
> This is sym2's typical behaviour when it receives no interrupts.
> I think if you were to NFS-root this box, you'd see equal problems with
> the network driver.  Try asking on the powerpc lists, see if there's a
> known interrupt routing problem.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-07 18:25 UTC | newest]