* Eth0 : Configuration switch across different kernels
@ 2005-01-10  5:00 selvakumar nagendran
From: selvakumar nagendran @ 2005-01-10  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello linux-experts,
  I have installed two kernels in my Linux system.
They are kernel 2.4.28 and 2.6.9. Now whenever I am
switching between these kernels, the network card is
removed and it prompts whether it should reconfigure
it or keep the existing configuration as such or do
nothing. What is the reason for this? Can anyone help
me regarding this?

Thanks,
selva

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

* Re: Eth0 : Configuration switch across different kernels
@ 2005-01-10  9:32 ` Bernd Petrovitsch
From: Bernd Petrovitsch @ 2005-01-10  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selvakumar nagendran; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 21:00 -0800, selvakumar nagendran wrote:
>   I have installed two kernels in my Linux system.
> They are kernel 2.4.28 and 2.6.9. Now whenever I am
> switching between these kernels, the network card is
> removed and it prompts whether it should reconfigure
> it or keep the existing configuration as such or do
> nothing. What is the reason for this? Can anyone help
> me regarding this?

Yes, the vendor of your distribution.
Especially if you don't describe the any details.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services