* Serial Driver problems in 2.6
@ 2005-02-16  7:13 Pierre Morel
From: Pierre Morel @ 2005-02-16  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: alan

Hello,

I saw the discussion between you and Andrew Morton in the LKML on serial
driver's problems.

I think the problem comes, as you said from the serail driver:
According to the tty_io.c file comments:
It should not call the flush of the tty buffer from within interrupt
handler in case of handling low_latency.

IMHO most drivers do that and are buggy.
(or may be I am buggy)
what do you think?

I was not in the lklm at tht time so I cannot answer in the thread,
so I put you in CC.
I do not have the email address of Andrew Morton.

best regards,

Pierre Morel

--
http://www.mnis.fr/
http://www.ocera.org/

TEL/FAX: 0820 20 76 22

MNIS
57, rue d'Amsterdam
75008 PARIS

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-16  7:13 UTC | newest]