* Support for Digi Neo 8p board in jsm driver
@ 2005-12-15 18:47 Alexander V. Inyukhin
From: Alexander V. Inyukhin @ 2005-12-15 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Jsm driver is claimed to support Digi Neo multiport
serial boards but according to PCI id table
only 2port boards are supported.

Is it possible to support other Digi Neo boards by jsm
or original dgnc driver should be used instead?

Kconfig referred to Documentation/jsm.txt file
but it is not provided.

Please CC me.

* Re: Support for Digi Neo 8p board in jsm driver
@ 2005-12-16 14:41 ` Adrian Bunk
From: Adrian Bunk @ 2005-12-16 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander V. Inyukhin; +Cc: linux-kernel, Scott_Kilau, Wendy Xiong

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 09:47:43PM +0300, Alexander V. Inyukhin wrote:
> Jsm driver is claimed to support Digi Neo multiport
> serial boards but according to PCI id table
> only 2port boards are supported.
>
> Is it possible to support other Digi Neo boards by jsm
> or original dgnc driver should be used instead?
>
> Kconfig referred to Documentation/jsm.txt file
> but it is not provided.

Both questions should be asked to the authors of this driver (Cc'ed).

> Please CC me.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

* RE: Support for Digi Neo 8p board in jsm driver
@ 2005-12-16 15:53 Kilau, Scott
From: Kilau, Scott @ 2005-12-16 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Bunk, Alexander V. Inyukhin; +Cc: linux-kernel, Ananda K Venkataraman

Hi Alex, all,

> Jsm driver is claimed to support Digi Neo multiport
> serial boards but according to PCI id table
> only 2port boards are supported.
>
> Is it possible to support other Digi Neo boards by jsm
> or original dgnc driver should be used instead?

Either the in-tree JSM driver or the out-of-tree DGNC driver will work
fine.

The out-of-tree DGNC driver was the intended driver to be used with
the all the various Digi Neo boards.

The JSM driver was intended to be used with only the 2 port Digi Neo
board,
however, I am not aware of any reason why the 8 port wouldn't work as
well.

If you use the JSM driver, you will need to update the PCI id table
in the JSM driver to add in the 8 port PCI ID.

Scott