* [KORG] Kernel sources online
@ 2006-01-27  9:39 Karel Kulhavy
From: Karel Kulhavy @ 2006-01-27  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, webmaster

I suggest a link labeled "Browsable source code" to be added into the
www.kernel.org webpage like
BRLCAD has it http://www.brlcad.org/doxygen/index.html (Using Doxygen)
or Ronja has it http://ronja-svn.wservices.ch/file/browser/trunk/ (Using
Trac).

Further I suggest a link labeled "README" added to www.kernel.org which
would point to the README in this browsable source tree. This way the
users could use the documentation as reference online easily.

CL<

* Re: [KORG] Kernel sources online
@ 2006-01-27 10:08 ` Pekka Enberg
From: Pekka Enberg @ 2006-01-27 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karel Kulhavy; +Cc: linux-kernel, webmaster

On 1/27/06, Karel Kulhavy <clock@twibright.com> wrote:
> I suggest a link labeled "Browsable source code" to be added into the
> www.kernel.org webpage like
> BRLCAD has it http://www.brlcad.org/doxygen/index.html (Using Doxygen)
> or Ronja has it http://ronja-svn.wservices.ch/file/browser/trunk/ (Using
> Trac).

Something like, say, http://www.kernel.org/git ?

                      Pekka

* Re: [KORG] Kernel sources online
@ 2006-01-27 13:12 ` Kurt Wall
From: Kurt Wall @ 2006-01-27 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:39:20AM +0100, Karel Kulhavy took 17 lines to write:
> I suggest a link labeled "Browsable source code" to be added into the
> www.kernel.org webpage like
> BRLCAD has it http://www.brlcad.org/doxygen/index.html (Using Doxygen)
> or Ronja has it http://ronja-svn.wservices.ch/file/browser/trunk/ (Using
> Trac).
>
> Further I suggest a link labeled "README" added to www.kernel.org which
> would point to the README in this browsable source tree. This way the
> users could use the documentation as reference online easily.

Mm. Idea hamster.

Kurt
--
Finagle's fourth Law:
	Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes

* Re: [KORG] Kernel sources online
@ 2006-01-28  1:46   ` Arthur Othieno
From: Arthur Othieno @ 2006-01-28  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kurt Wall; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 08:12:49AM -0500, Kurt Wall wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:39:20AM +0100, Karel Kulhavy took 17 lines to write:
> > I suggest a link labeled "Browsable source code" to be added into the
> > www.kernel.org webpage like
> > BRLCAD has it http://www.brlcad.org/doxygen/index.html (Using Doxygen)
> > or Ronja has it http://ronja-svn.wservices.ch/file/browser/trunk/ (Using
> > Trac).
> >
> > Further I suggest a link labeled "README" added to www.kernel.org which
> > would point to the README in this browsable source tree. This way the
> > users could use the documentation as reference online easily.
>
> Mm. Idea hamster.

There's a reason they're called Patch Monkeys. Hamsters OTOH lack this
trait, apparently..