* Problem with using __getblk
@ 2006-04-07 15:38 Bhattiprolu Ravi Kumar
From: Bhattiprolu Ravi Kumar @ 2006-04-07 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I am trying to write a module to directly read from
the disk. I have got the sector numbers where the file
present using file system functions. This file starts
from sector 96 on /dev/hda4 for example. The call to
__getblk as
bh = __getblk(bdev,96,512) makes the system hang. Do I
need to add the partition offset also to the sector
number? When I added partition start sector,. I am
getting junk data using ll_rw_block call.

Please advice.

Note: Please send reply to my email address

thanks,
Ravi

http://mail.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-04-07 15:38 UTC | newest]