* [-mm] oops during boot, in dock-related code
@ 2006-05-23  8:39 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2006-05-23  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel list, kristen.c.accardi

Hi!

I'll try to turn off CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK to see if it helps... yes it
does.
									Pavel

* Re: [-mm] oops during boot, in dock-related code
@ 2006-05-24 20:49 ` Kristen Accardi
From: Kristen Accardi @ 2006-05-24 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: kernel list

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 10:39 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'll try to turn off CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK to see if it helps... yes it
> does.
> 									Pavel

Hi Pavel,
I must have missed part of this thread... can you give me some more
details?  A config, log messages, or some way to reproduce?  Did you
boot in the dock, or outside of the dock?  I tried to just boot the
latest -mm with CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK set to y, and was unable to cause an
oops.

Thanks,
Kristen

* Re: [-mm] oops during boot, in dock-related code
@ 2006-05-24 22:51   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2006-05-24 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kristen Accardi; +Cc: kernel list

Hi!

> > I'll try to turn off CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK to see if it helps... yes it
> > does.
>
> Hi Pavel,
> I must have missed part of this thread... can you give me some more
> details?  A config, log messages, or some way to reproduce?  Did you
> boot in the dock, or outside of the dock?  I tried to just boot the

Boot of thinkpad x32 outside the dock, IIRC. More details were sent
with private message.

> latest -mm with CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK set to y, and was unable to cause an
> oops.

									Pavel