* Re: - i386-early-fault-handler.patch removed from -mm tree
@ 2006-08-31 16:17 Chuck Ebbert
From: Chuck Ebbert @ 2006-08-31 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm, mingo, ak; +Cc: pageexec, linux-kernel, Willy Tarreau

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:22:08 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> The patch titled
>
>      i386: early fault handler
>
> has been removed from the -mm tree.  Its filename is
>
>      i386-early-fault-handler.patch
>
> This patch was dropped because a different version got merged by andi

<*sigh*>

Didn't anyone even notice the fix that was already in -mm?  Now we're back
to "guess which fault it was" when an early fault occurs.

--
Chuck

* Re: - i386-early-fault-handler.patch removed from -mm tree
@ 2006-08-31 16:36 ` Ingo Molnar
From: Ingo Molnar @ 2006-08-31 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Ebbert; +Cc: akpm, ak, pageexec, linux-kernel, Willy Tarreau

* Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@compuserve.com> wrote:

> > This patch was dropped because a different version got merged by andi
>
> <*sigh*>
>
> Didn't anyone even notice the fix that was already in -mm?  Now we're
> back to "guess which fault it was" when an early fault occurs.

just revert Andi's and apply your patch, and send the resulting combo
patch to Andrew.

	Ingo

* Re: - i386-early-fault-handler.patch removed from -mm tree
@ 2006-08-31 16:40 ` Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2006-08-31 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Ebbert; +Cc: mingo, ak, pageexec, linux-kernel, Willy Tarreau

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:17:15 -0400
Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@compuserve.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:22:08 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> > The patch titled
> >
> >      i386: early fault handler
> >
> > has been removed from the -mm tree.  Its filename is
> >
> >      i386-early-fault-handler.patch
> >
> > This patch was dropped because a different version got merged by andi
>
> <*sigh*>
>
> Didn't anyone even notice the fix that was already in -mm?

I sure did ;)

>  Now we're back
> to "guess which fault it was" when an early fault occurs.

please send fix.

* Re: - i386-early-fault-handler.patch removed from -mm tree
@ 2006-08-31 16:59   ` Andi Kleen
From: Andi Kleen @ 2006-08-31 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ingo Molnar; +Cc: akpm, pageexec, linux-kernel, Willy Tarreau

Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> writes:

> * Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
> > > This patch was dropped because a different version got merged by andi
> >
> > <*sigh*>
> >
> > Didn't anyone even notice the fix that was already in -mm?  Now we're
> > back to "guess which fault it was" when an early fault occurs.
>
> just revert Andi's and apply your patch, and send the resulting combo
> patch to Andrew.

Ok I can drop my patch if there is a better one.

-Andi