* keyboard dead with 45b5035
@ 2008-02-18 17:53 Pierre Ossman
From: Pierre Ossman @ 2008-02-18 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laszlo Attila Toth, netdev, LKML

The patch "[RTNETLINK]: Send a single notification on device state changes." kills (at least) the keyboard here. Everything seems to work fine in single user mode, but when init starts spawning of logins, the keyboard goes bye-bye. Even the power button is ignored. :/

I've tried just creating another vt with "chvt 2", but that is insufficient to trigger the bug.

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org
  PulseAudio, core developer          http://pulseaudio.org
  rdesktop, core developer          http://www.rdesktop.org

* Re: keyboard dead with 45b5035
@ 2008-02-18 19:50 ` Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2008-02-18 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Ossman; +Cc: Laszlo Attila Toth, netdev, LKML

On Monday, 18 of February 2008, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> The patch "[RTNETLINK]: Send a single notification on device state changes." kills (at least)
> the keyboard here. Everything seems to work fine in single user mode, but when init starts
> spawning of logins, the keyboard goes bye-bye. Even the power button is ignored. :/

Please try with the patch from http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/18/331 .

Thanks,
Rafael

* Re: keyboard dead with 45b5035
@ 2008-02-18 20:50   ` Pierre Ossman
From: Pierre Ossman @ 2008-02-18 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki; +Cc: Laszlo Attila Toth, netdev, LKML

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:50:01 +0100
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:

> On Monday, 18 of February 2008, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> > The patch "[RTNETLINK]: Send a single notification on device state changes." kills (at least)
> > the keyboard here. Everything seems to work fine in single user mode, but when init starts
> > spawning of logins, the keyboard goes bye-bye. Even the power button is ignored. :/
>
> Please try with the patch from http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/18/331 .

That solved it.

I wonder if that's also why modprobe tends to wedge up with the new USB announce thingy... Tomorrow's debugging will tell.

--

@ 2008-02-19  5:50     ` Pierre Ossman
From: Pierre Ossman @ 2008-02-19  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki; +Cc: Laszlo Attila Toth, netdev, LKML

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:50:12 +0100
Pierre Ossman <drzeus-list@drzeus.cx> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:50:01 +0100
> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 18 of February 2008, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> > > The patch "[RTNETLINK]: Send a single notification on device state changes." kills (at least)
> > > the keyboard here. Everything seems to work fine in single user mode, but when init starts
> > > spawning of logins, the keyboard goes bye-bye. Even the power button is ignored. :/
> >
> > Please try with the patch from http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/18/331 .
> >

> That solved it.

Perhaps not quite. When I returned to my laptop this morning, the keyboard was gone again. Did a hard reboot, and the machine locked up a few seconds after starting X. I'll see if it can be reproduced...

Rgds