* Vger outage on Dec 12th and 13th
@ 2009-12-08  9:59 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-12-08  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: matti.aarnio, mgalgoci

In order to move vger.kernel.org from one co-location facility
to another, there will be a downtime on Dec 12th and 13th.

The IP address will change but the hostname will stay the same
of course.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

* Re: Vger outage on Dec 12th and 13th
@ 2009-12-08 21:43 ` Willy Tarreau
From: Willy Tarreau @ 2009-12-08 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: linux-kernel, matti.aarnio, mgalgoci

Hi David,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 01:59:56AM -0800, David Miller wrote:

> In order to move vger.kernel.org from one co-location facility
> to another, there will be a downtime on Dec 12th and 13th.
>
> The IP address will change but the hostname will stay the same
> of course.

would you happen to already know in advance its new IP address ?
Some people (me included) white-list it so that incoming mails
do not experience any form of filtering. In my case, I do that
so that vger does not suffer from any SMTP HELO delay. Setting
that in advance will make the migration smoother for everyone.

> Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

you don't have to be sorry, we'd better thank you for taking care
of the beast :-)

Cheers,
Willy

* Re: Vger outage on Dec 12th and 13th
@ 2009-12-13  1:44   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-12-13  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: w; +Cc: linux-kernel, matti.aarnio, mgalgoci

From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:43:03 +0100

> would you happen to already know in advance its new IP address ?
> Some people (me included) white-list it so that incoming mails
> do not experience any form of filtering. In my case, I do that
> so that vger does not suffer from any SMTP HELO delay. Setting
> that in advance will make the migration smoother for everyone.

Sorry, I didn't know the new IP address until late last night.

It's obviously 209.132.180.67 as can be seen in current DNS,
and it is now back online.

* Re: Vger outage on Dec 12th and 13th
@ 2009-12-13  1:44 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-12-13  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: matti.aarnio, mgalgoci

From: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 01:59:56 -0800 (PST)

> In order to move vger.kernel.org from one co-location facility
> to another, there will be a downtime on Dec 12th and 13th.

The outage is now over.