* 2.6.34-rc3 vs zaurus spitz: mistery solved
@ 2010-04-15 18:03 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2010-04-15 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rpurdie, lenz, kernel list, arminlitzel, Cyril Hrubis,
	thommycheck, linux-arm-kernel, dbaryshkov, omegamoon,
	eric.y.miao, utx, zaurus-devel

Hi!

For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
SLOB, it boots fine.

SLUB worked fine in 2.6.33 and SLOB is hidden under CONFIG_EMBEDDED,
so it took a while to figure out.
								Pavel

* Re: 2.6.34-rc3 vs zaurus spitz: mistery solved
@ 2010-04-16  6:25 ` Eric Miao
From: Eric Miao @ 2010-04-16  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek
  Cc: rpurdie, lenz, kernel list, arminlitzel, Cyril Hrubis,
	thommycheck, linux-arm-kernel, dbaryshkov, omegamoon, utx,
	zaurus-devel

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> SLOB, it boots fine.

Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
paste the failure log if possible?

@ 2010-04-16 20:12   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2010-04-16 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Miao
  Cc: rpurdie, lenz, kernel list, arminlitzel, Cyril Hrubis,

On Fri 2010-04-16 14:25:16, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> > SLOB, it boots fine.
> >

> Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
> paste the failure log if possible?

Investigating... So far it seems that either it was fixed in -rc4 or
that slub debugging options cause the problem.

* Re: 2.6.34-rc3 vs zaurus spitz: mistery solved
@ 2010-04-17 19:00     ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2010-04-17 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek
  Cc: Eric Miao, rpurdie, lenz, kernel list, arminlitzel, thommycheck,
	linux-arm-kernel, dbaryshkov, omegamoon, utx, zaurus-devel

Hi!
> > > For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> > > SLOB, it boots fine.
> > >

> > Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
> > paste the failure log if possible?
>
> Investigating... So far it seems that either it was fixed in -rc4 or
> that slub debugging options cause the problem.

rc4 is working for me, so it looks like this was fixed, or at least works again
now.

--
metan

* Re: 2.6.34-rc3 vs zaurus spitz: mistery solved
@ 2010-04-30 18:00   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2010-04-30 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Miao
  Cc: rpurdie, lenz, kernel list, arminlitzel, Cyril Hrubis,
	thommycheck, linux-arm-kernel, dbaryshkov, omegamoon, utx,
	zaurus-devel

On Fri 2010-04-16 14:25:16, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> > SLOB, it boots fine.
> >

> Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
> paste the failure log if possible?

Ok, I tried a bit on -rc4, and it seems it went away. Problem solved
:-).
									Pavel