* shpc with acpi=off?
@ 2012-02-16 15:04 Michael S. Tsirkin
From: Michael S. Tsirkin @ 2012-02-16 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbarnes, linux-pci, linux-kernel, lenb, linux-acpi

I have a box where shpc works fine with acpi,
as well as when acpi is not built into kernel,
but fails with acpi=off
Some debugging seems to indicate that
acpi_get_hp_hw_control_from_firmware
fails with acpi=off.

Is this a bug or is there a reason to prevent shpc
from working in this setup?
Do we even care about acpi=off?
Assuming we want to make acpi_get_hp_hw_control_from_firmware
succeed with acpi=off, what is the best way to do this?
Check acpi_pci_disabled?

Thoughts?
--
MST