* usb-storage: don't remove device if unrecognized partition table
@ 2012-03-19  1:58 Andrey Moshbear
From: Andrey Moshbear @ 2012-03-19  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Is there a way to set the kernel to not unregister a USB mass storage
device if the partition table is unrecognized?

I have a Xbox 360 HD connected to a generic SATA-USB bridge, but the
proprietary partition table means that the
device unregisters before I have a chance to intercept in, e.g. virtualbox.

Where, in the usb code, need I comment a few lines to disable this behavior?

001100 Andrey "m05hbear" Vul
010010
011110 andrey at moshbear dot net
100001 andrey dot vul at gmail
101101
110011

* Re: usb-storage: don't remove device if unrecognized partition table
@ 2012-03-20 13:59 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2012-03-20 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Moshbear; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 09:58:37PM -0400, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
> Is there a way to set the kernel to not unregister a USB mass storage
> device if the partition table is unrecognized?
>
> I have a Xbox 360 HD connected to a generic SATA-USB bridge, but the
> proprietary partition table means that the
> device unregisters before I have a chance to intercept in, e.g. virtualbox.

The device should not be unregistered, what is the kernel log entries
for it?

greg k-h