* kruft cutting
@ 2012-08-27 21:02 Eric Furrmann
From: Eric Furrmann @ 2012-08-27 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Ok, I know there will be a few old geezers who will get their panties
in a bunch about this but hear me out..

So.. i'ts established that the Desktop PC is dead
http://gizmodo.com/5301401/so-long-desktop-pc-you-suck
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/062711-desktop-doomed.html
http://www.thestrategyweb.com/desktop-is-dead-tablets-on-the-rise
http://lifehacker.com/5303894/is-the-desktop-pc-dead

Sorry.. get over it.

and Linux was never really for the Desktop anyway
http://www.muktware.com/news/2862/linus-torvalds-why-linux-not-successful-desktops
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18419231

So why are we still supporting keyboards?  I mean really, when was the
last time anybody here actually used a keyboard?  How many of us even
still have them?  OK.. I have a couple but I hollowed them out and
made planters out of them days ago. I mean... keyboards are like so
last week!

So....  That said.  Let's ditch that obsolete input device support!
Full screen filling, extra sensitive, just a little off alignment
on-screen T-9.. now that is where it is at baby!

* Re: kruft cutting
@ 2012-08-27 22:01 ` ellis
From: ellis @ 2012-08-27 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

> So.. i'ts established that the Desktop PC is dead

It's only "well established" by those that are marketing
tablets, etc. The desktop is still alive and well and
will be for some time.

--
http://www.spinics.net/lists/

* Re: kruft cutting
@ 2012-08-27 22:21 ` Max Filippov
From: Max Filippov @ 2012-08-27 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Furrmann; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Eric Furrmann <eric.a.furmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I know there will be a few old geezers who will get their panties
> in a bunch about this but hear me out..
>
> So.. i'ts established that the Desktop PC is dead
> http://gizmodo.com/5301401/so-long-desktop-pc-you-suck
> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/062711-desktop-doomed.html
> http://www.thestrategyweb.com/desktop-is-dead-tablets-on-the-rise
> http://lifehacker.com/5303894/is-the-desktop-pc-dead
>
> Sorry.. get over it.
>
> and Linux was never really for the Desktop anyway
> http://www.muktware.com/news/2862/linus-torvalds-why-linux-not-successful-desktops
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18419231
>
> So why are we still supporting keyboards?  I mean really, when was the
> last time anybody here actually used a keyboard?  How many of us even
> still have them?  OK.. I have a couple but I hollowed them out and
> made planters out of them days ago. I mean... keyboards are like so
> last week!
>
> So....  That said.  Let's ditch that obsolete input device support!
> Full screen filling, extra sensitive, just a little off alignment
> on-screen T-9.. now that is where it is at baby!

Suggesting to drop things becomes a trend...
BTW, do you know William Brana?

--
Thanks.
-- Max