* modpost command line still is a problem
@ 2013-05-02 17:54 H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2013-05-02 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

At least as far as current linus, "make allmodconfig" still fails with
O= in a sufficiently deep directory due to the modpost command line
being too long.

There was a bunch of talk about how to address that, but did anything
ever come of it?

	-hpa

* Re: modpost command line still is a problem
@ 2013-05-02 20:15 ` Sam Ravnborg
From: Sam Ravnborg @ 2013-05-02 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 10:54:24AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> At least as far as current linus, "make allmodconfig" still fails with
> O= in a sufficiently deep directory due to the modpost command line
> being too long.
>
> There was a bunch of talk about how to address that, but did anything
> ever come of it?

Following patch:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kbuild&m=136723776203823&w=2

is waiting for Michal to pick it up.
It is on top of the kbuild branck of the kbuild tree (yet to be merged).

	Sam

* Re: modpost command line still is a problem
@ 2013-05-03 13:31 ` Rusty Russell
From: Rusty Russell @ 2013-05-03 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com> writes:

> At least as far as current linus, "make allmodconfig" still fails with
> O= in a sufficiently deep directory due to the modpost command line
> being too long.
>
> There was a bunch of talk about how to address that, but did anything
> ever come of it?
>
> 	-hpa

There were issues with merging my modules-next branch, but that should
contain the fixes.

Thanks,
Rusty.