* Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-17 22:03 Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-17 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson
  Cc: ink, Matt Turner, peterz, Andrew Morton, mingo, Al Viro,
	linux-alpha, linux-kernel

Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha,  as
I  am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).
Cheers Nick

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-17 22:17 ` Thomas Gleixner
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2014-07-17 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Richard Henderson, ink, Matt Turner, Peter Zijlstra,
	Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro, linux-alpha, linux-kernel,
	Joe Perches, Theodore Ts'o

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Nick Krause wrote:

> Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
> I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha,  as
> I  am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
> It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
> cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).

Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
also:

  https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/

Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?

Thanks,

	tglx

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18  3:01   ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-18  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner
  Cc: Richard Henderson, ink, Matt Turner, Peter Zijlstra,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Nick Krause wrote:
>
>> Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
>> I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha,  as
>> I  am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
>> It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
>> cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).
>
> Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
> check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
> also:
>
>   https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/
>
> Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?
>
> Thanks,
>
>         tglx
I understand how about checkpatch. We should remove the -f option as I
agree it gets used too much.
Sorry Nick

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18  3:21     ` Davidlohr Bueso
From: Davidlohr Bueso @ 2014-07-18  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink, Matt Turner,
	Peter Zijlstra, Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro, linux-alpha,

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 23:01 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Nick Krause wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Richard and other Maintainers,
> >> I am wondering about cleaning up the cleanpatch errors for alpha,  as
> >> I  am hitting a lot of in the arch/alpha directory.
> >> It would be nice if I got a list of files that still need coding style
> >> cleanup as this may be of nice to cleanup :).
> >
> > Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
> > check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
> > also:
> >
> >   https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/
> >
> > Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >         tglx
> I understand how about checkpatch. We should remove the -f option as I
> agree it gets used too much.
> Sorry Nick

Nick, are you human?

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18  3:24       ` Nick Krause
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-18  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Davidlohr Bueso
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink, Matt Turner,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Davidlohr Bueso <davidlohr@hp.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 23:01 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:

>> > Nick, can you please stop that nonsense? checkpatch.pl is a tool to
>> > check PATCHES and not to apply random nonsense on existing code. See
>> > also:
>> >
>> >   https://lwn.net/Articles/605597/
>> >
>> > Joe, can you please finally remove the -f option from checkpatch.pl ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> >         tglx
>> I understand how about checkpatch. We should remove the -f option as I
>> agree it gets used too much.
>> Sorry Nick
>
> Nick, are you human?

Yes I am human. Now thinking about it we need it to test for staging.
Stupid idea.
Nick

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18  8:55         ` Borislav Petkov
From: Borislav Petkov @ 2014-07-18  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,
	Matt Turner, Peter Zijlstra, Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> > Nick, are you human?
> >
> Yes I am human.

It doesn't look like it. *Every-f*ckin-body* is telling you to stop
doing this FIXME bullshit but you continue like a bot which cannot parse
answer mails.

Just answer me one thing: why are you even doing this? Are you doing this
because

* you want to help with kernel development

* see your name in git logs

* ...

or simply because you're doing some sick experiment to see how long you
can bother people on lkml with senseless crap and are secretly giggling
nasty at all the pissed answers you get?

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18 10:18         ` Peter Zijlstra
From: Peter Zijlstra @ 2014-07-18 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,
	Matt Turner, Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro, linux-alpha,
	linux-kernel, Joe Perches, Theodore Ts'o

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> Yes I am human.

Could you then perhaps try harder at being one, the way it looks now is
you're failing even the 'simple' Turing test.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18 11:58         ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2014-07-18 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,
	Matt Turner, Peter Zijlstra, Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro,
	linux-alpha, linux-kernel, Joe Perches, Theodore Ts'o

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:

> Yes I am human. Now thinking about it we need it to test for staging.

Why do you say that?

-- Steve

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18 17:08           ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-18 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24:45PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
>> >
>> Yes I am human. Now thinking about it we need it to test for staging.
>
> Why do you say that?
>
> -- Steve
Sorry I was trying to help , I guess this conversation is now closed.
It was a fucking stupid idea.
Nick

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18 17:31             ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2014-07-18 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,
	Matt Turner, Peter Zijlstra, Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro,
	linux-alpha, linux-kernel, Joe Perches, Theodore Ts'o

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:08:39 -0400
Nick Krause <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I was trying to help , I guess this conversation is now closed.
> It was a fucking stupid idea.

Are you afraid of sex?

-- Steve

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18 17:35               ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-18 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:08:39 -0400
> Nick Krause <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry I was trying to help , I guess this conversation is now closed.
>> It was a fucking stupid idea.
>
> Are you afraid of sex?
>
> -- Steve

Why are you even asking this?
Nick

* Re: Alpha Checkpatch Errors
@ 2014-07-18 17:50                 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2014-07-18 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, Thomas Gleixner, Richard Henderson, ink,
	Matt Turner, Peter Zijlstra, Andrew Morton, Ingo Molnar, Al Viro,
	linux-alpha, linux-kernel, Joe Perches, Theodore Ts'o

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:35:48 -0400
Nick Krause <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are you even asking this?

What do you think?