* crosstool builds - https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/
@ 2016-05-20  3:48 Jon Masters
From: Jon Masters @ 2016-05-20  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tony; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Tony,

I'm wondering whether you know of anyone who has picked up where you
left off, building cross toolchains for various and sundry alternative
architectures? I wanted to download an IA64 compiler recently (really)
and noticed that the most recent builds were against GCC 4.6.3.

Thanks in advance, and for making these before!

Jon.

--
Computer Architect

* Re: crosstool builds - https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/
@ 2016-05-24  4:06 ` Tony Breeds
From: Tony Breeds @ 2016-05-24  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Masters, Chris Smart; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 11:48:39PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> I'm wondering whether you know of anyone who has picked up where you
> left off, building cross toolchains for various and sundry alternative
> architectures? I wanted to download an IA64 compiler recently (really)
> and noticed that the most recent builds were against GCC 4.6.3.

Chris (on CC) is a co-worker (ish, it's complicated) that I've been nagging to
take over where I left off.

I'm sure there is a process for getting Chris access to the korg infrastructure
but in the mean time I'm *sure* he can fond somewhere to build them.

All my patches and scripts are public so go nuts :)

> Thanks in advance, and for making these before!

No problem it was fun, but (as happens in our community) I've changed focus and
can't make the time for them.

Yours Tony.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: crosstool builds - https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/
@ 2016-05-24  4:41 ` Peter Hurley
From: Peter Hurley @ 2016-05-24  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Masters, tony; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Jon,

On 05/19/2016 08:48 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> I'm wondering whether you know of anyone who has picked up where you
> left off, building cross toolchains for various and sundry alternative
> architectures? I wanted to download an IA64 compiler recently (really)
> and noticed that the most recent builds were against GCC 4.6.3.

Someone's been making them.

https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/4.9.0/

arm64
alpha