* HDLCD tree for linux-next
@ 2015-12-23 14:30 Liviu Dudau
From: Liviu Dudau @ 2015-12-23 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Dave Airlie, dri-devel

Hi Stephen,

I would like to add the HDLCD DRM driver tree to linux-next. I'm planning
to send a pull request for inclusion into v4.5 and I hope that getting a
wider exposure for a few weeks is beneficial.

Please add the following git tree:

   git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld for-upstream/hdlcd

It is based on Dave Airlie's drm-next tree as of 23rd of December.

Many thanks,
Liviu

--
====================
| I would like to |

* Re: HDLCD tree for linux-next
@ 2015-12-30 22:00 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2015-12-30 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Dudau; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Dave Airlie, dri-devel

Hi Liviu,

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:30:23 +0000 Liviu Dudau <Liviu.Dudau@arm.com> wrote:

> I would like to add the HDLCD DRM driver tree to linux-next. I'm planning
> to send a pull request for inclusion into v4.5 and I hope that getting a
> wider exposure for a few weeks is beneficial.
>
> Please add the following git tree:
>
>    git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld for-upstream/hdlcd
>
> It is based on Dave Airlie's drm-next tree as of 23rd of December.

Added from today (though there may not be a release until Monday).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Mali DP tree for linux-next
@ 2016-06-15 15:03 ` Liviu Dudau
From: Liviu Dudau @ 2016-06-15 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Dave Airlie, dri-devel

Hi Stephen,

I would like to add the Mali DP DRM driver tree to linux-next. I'm planning
to send a pull request for inclusion into v4.8 and I hope that getting a
wider exposure for a few weeks is beneficial.

Please add the following git tree:

   git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld for-upstream/mali-dp

It is based on drm-intel/topic/drm-misc tree, with the topic/drm-misc-2016-06-14 tag.

Many thanks,
Liviu

--
====================
| I would like to |

* Re: Mali DP tree for linux-next
@ 2016-06-15 15:21   ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2016-06-15 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Dudau; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel, dri-devel

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 04:03:04PM +0100, Liviu Dudau wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I would like to add the Mali DP DRM driver tree to linux-next. I'm planning
> to send a pull request for inclusion into v4.8 and I hope that getting a
> wider exposure for a few weeks is beneficial.
>
> Please add the following git tree:
>
>    git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld for-upstream/mali-dp
>
> It is based on drm-intel/topic/drm-misc tree, with the topic/drm-misc-2016-06-14 tag.

tbh just send Dave a pull request. It looks pretty nice, and inclusion in
drm-next is even better than linux-next for handling any kinds of
conflicts. And most of the driver trees aren't really active for more than
1 merge window it seems.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: Mali DP tree for linux-next
@ 2016-06-15 16:15     ` Liviu Dudau
From: Liviu Dudau @ 2016-06-15 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel, dri-devel

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 05:21:02PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 04:03:04PM +0100, Liviu Dudau wrote:
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > I would like to add the Mali DP DRM driver tree to linux-next. I'm planning
> > to send a pull request for inclusion into v4.8 and I hope that getting a
> > wider exposure for a few weeks is beneficial.
> >
> > Please add the following git tree:
> >
> >    git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld for-upstream/mali-dp
> >
> > It is based on drm-intel/topic/drm-misc tree, with the topic/drm-misc-2016-06-14 tag.
>
> tbh just send Dave a pull request. It looks pretty nice, and inclusion in
> drm-next is even better than linux-next for handling any kinds of
> conflicts. And most of the driver trees aren't really active for more than
> 1 merge window it seems.

I can do that, of course. Wasn't sure if Dave is willing to pull stuff that hasn't
been fire proofed in linux-next.

As for driver trees, my HDLCD one sees regular activity ;)

Stephen,

I will send a pull request to David Airlie as well, but we plan to use this tree in the
future for more developments of the driver so I would appreciate if you add it to your
roaster of trees.

Best regards,
Liviu

> -Daniel
> --
> Daniel Vetter
> Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
> http://blog.ffwll.ch

====================
| I would like to |
| fix the world,  |
| but they're not |
| giving me the   |
 \ source code!  /
  ---------------

@ 2016-06-15 23:37   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-06-15 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Dudau
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Dave Airlie, dri-devel, Daniel Vetter

Hi Liviu,

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:03:04 +0100 Liviu Dudau <Liviu.Dudau@arm.com> wrote:

> I would like to add the Mali DP DRM driver tree to linux-next. I'm planning
> to send a pull request for inclusion into v4.8 and I hope that getting a
> wider exposure for a few weeks is beneficial.
>
> Please add the following git tree:
>
>    git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld for-upstream/mali-dp
>
> It is based on drm-intel/topic/drm-misc tree, with the topic/drm-misc-2016-06-14 tag.

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of