* linux-next: manual merge of the amlogic tree with the pinctrl tree
@ 2016-09-15  0:19 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-09-15  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman, Carlo Caione, Linus Walleij
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Deepak

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the amlogic tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/base/pinctrl.c

between commit:

  23b4ed268076 ("driver: base: pinctrl: return error from pinctrl_bind_pins()")

from the pinctrl tree and commit:

  eb4ec68acf5e ("driver: base: pinctrl: return error from pinctrl_bind_pins()")

from the amlogic tree.

I fixed it up (I used the version from the pinctrl tree) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the amlogic tree with the pinctrl tree
@ 2016-09-15 12:22 ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2016-09-15 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Kevin Hilman, Carlo Caione, linux-next, linux-kernel, Deepak

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

>   23b4ed268076 ("driver: base: pinctrl: return error from pinctrl_bind_pins()")
>
> from the pinctrl tree and commit:
>
>   eb4ec68acf5e ("driver: base: pinctrl: return error from pinctrl_bind_pins()")
>
> from the amlogic tree.

That should not be in the amlogic tree.

Carlo, Deepak etc: Please make sure it goes away from there.

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the amlogic tree with the pinctrl tree
@ 2016-09-15 21:18   ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2016-09-15 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Walleij
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Carlo Caione, linux-next, linux-kernel, Deepak

Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
>>   23b4ed268076 ("driver: base: pinctrl: return error from pinctrl_bind_pins()")
>>
>> from the pinctrl tree and commit:
>>
>>   eb4ec68acf5e ("driver: base: pinctrl: return error from pinctrl_bind_pins()")
>>
>> from the amlogic tree.
>
> That should not be in the amlogic tree.
>
> Carlo, Deepak etc: Please make sure it goes away from there.

It in the amlogic tree because I merged your pinctrl/devel into my
integration branch for testing, but appears the one I merged was
out-dated.  Fixed.

Kevin