* serdev Kconfig in v4.11
@ 2017-02-28 11:55 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2017-02-28 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: robh, sre, gregkh; +Cc: kernel list

Hi!

menuconfig SERIAL_DEV_BUS
        tristate "Serial device bus"
	help
	         Core support for devices connected via a         serial port.

This is pretty misleading, it would be nice to mention that this is
mostly for embedded devices, and perhaps mention "say N if you don't know".

config SERIAL_DEV_CTRL_TTYPORT
        bool "Serial device TTY port controller"

I have no idea what this is, please provide some kind of help here.

									Pavel

* Re: serdev Kconfig in v4.11
@ 2017-02-28 12:30 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2017-02-28 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: robh, sre, kernel list

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 12:55:26PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> menuconfig SERIAL_DEV_BUS
>         tristate "Serial device bus"
> 	help
> 	         Core support for devices connected via a         serial port.
>
> This is pretty misleading, it would be nice to mention that this is
> mostly for embedded devices, and perhaps mention "say N if you don't know".

It's not just for embedded devices, just wait, it will get used
everywhere :)

> config SERIAL_DEV_CTRL_TTYPORT
>         bool "Serial device TTY port controller"
>
> I have no idea what this is, please provide some kind of help here.

Patches welcome :)

Seriously, just say N for now, you will be fine.  Rob, care to update
the Kconfig help a bit?

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: serdev Kconfig in v4.11