* Stable/distro kernel testing in Plumbers 2017
@ 2017-06-23  3:37 Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin)
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin) @ 2017-06-23  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gregkh, jslaby, stable, ben, jforbes, labbott, stefan.bader,
	tim.gardner, cascardo, w, lizefan, linux-kernel, dhaval.giani

Hi all,

We were hoping to discuss the state of -stable/distro kernel testing
in the Testing & Fuzzing MC in Plumbers 2017.

Mainly we want to understand what sort of testing is being done, how
bug reports are being addressed, and what improvments can we make to
improve the process.

The format is pretty open, we can do a BoF type of discussion and
talks as part of the MC if anyone is interested in doing any.

It would be great to know who is interested in this, and would be able
to attend Plumbers (https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/).

Sasha

* Re: Stable/distro kernel testing in Plumbers 2017
@ 2017-06-24  4:51 ` gregkh
From: gregkh @ 2017-06-24  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin)
  Cc: jslaby, stable, ben, jforbes, labbott, stefan.bader, tim.gardner,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 03:37:28AM +0000, Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We were hoping to discuss the state of -stable/distro kernel testing
> in the Testing & Fuzzing MC in Plumbers 2017.
>
> Mainly we want to understand what sort of testing is being done, how
> bug reports are being addressed, and what improvments can we make to
> improve the process.
>
> The format is pretty open, we can do a BoF type of discussion and
> talks as part of the MC if anyone is interested in doing any.
>
> It would be great to know who is interested in this, and would be able
> to attend Plumbers (https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/).

I'll be there and would attend this.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: Stable/distro kernel testing in Plumbers 2017
@ 2017-06-24 17:15 ` Ben Hutchings
From: Ben Hutchings @ 2017-06-24 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin),
	gregkh, jslaby, stable, jforbes, labbott, stefan.bader,

On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 03:37 +0000, Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We were hoping to discuss the state of -stable/distro kernel testing
> in the Testing & Fuzzing MC in Plumbers 2017.
>
> Mainly we want to understand what sort of testing is being done, how
> bug reports are being addressed, and what improvments can we make to
> improve the process.
>
> The format is pretty open, we can do a BoF type of discussion and
> talks as part of the MC if anyone is interested in doing any.
>
> It would be great to know who is interested in this, and would be able
> to attend Plumbers (https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/).

I would be interested, but won't be at Plumbers this year.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

* Re: Stable/distro kernel testing in Plumbers 2017
@ 2017-06-24 17:58 ` Masami Hiramatsu
From: Masami Hiramatsu @ 2017-06-24 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin)
  Cc: gregkh, jslaby, stable, ben, jforbes, labbott, stefan.bader,
	tim.gardner, cascardo, w, lizefan, linux-kernel, dhaval.giani

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 03:37:28 +0000
"Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin)" <alexander.levin@verizon.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We were hoping to discuss the state of -stable/distro kernel testing
> in the Testing & Fuzzing MC in Plumbers 2017.
>
> Mainly we want to understand what sort of testing is being done, how
> bug reports are being addressed, and what improvments can we make to
> improve the process.
>
> The format is pretty open, we can do a BoF type of discussion and
> talks as part of the MC if anyone is interested in doing any.
>
> It would be great to know who is interested in this, and would be able
> to attend Plumbers (https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/).

I'm interested in this topic, especially fuzzing and stress test in
tools/testing and will attend this.

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@kernel.org>

* Re: Stable/distro kernel testing in Plumbers 2017
@ 2017-09-11 16:40   ` Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin)
From: Levin, Alexander (Sasha Levin) @ 2017-09-11 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gregkh
  Cc: jslaby, stable, ben, jforbes, labbott, stefan.bader, tim.gardner,
	cascardo, w, lizefan, linux-kernel, dhaval.giani

Hello all,

The stable & distro kernel testing BoF was scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 14th at 6:30pm in room "Platinum E". More details are availalbe at: https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/ocw/proposals/4722 .

It'll be great to have folks who are interested in discussion this subject at the BoF.

We will do a short 5-10 min summary at the Testing & Fuzzing MC on Friday, and would have the chance to have more discussions then.

Sasha