* [Question] drivers/infiniband: on smp_read_barrier_depends() usages
@ 2017-10-11 17:42 Andrea Parri
From: Andrea Parri @ 2017-10-11 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, Sean Hefty, Hal Rosenstock
  Cc: Mike Marciniszyn, Paul E. McKenney, Will Deacon, Peter Zijlstra,
	Boqun Feng, Nicholas Piggin, David Howells, Alan Stern,
	linux-kernel

Dear IB supporters,

I was reviewing current usages of smp_read_barrier_depends()

   https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=150723193717856&w=2

when I stubled over drivers/infiniband/: I've found 19 instances of this
barrier here, but their intent is unclear to me and I'm wondering if you
could clarify it. (Most of these usages are accompanied by the comment

   /* see post_one_send() */

suggesting that they're sharing a common intent.)

Thanks in advance,
  Andrea

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-11 17:42 UTC | newest]