* GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 11:48 Andreas Gruenbacher
From: Andreas Gruenbacher @ 2019-05-08 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, LKML

Hi Linus,

please consider pulling the following changes for the GFS2 file system.

There was a conflict with commit 2b070cfe582b ("block: remove the i
argument to bio_for_each_segment_all") on Jens's block layer changes
which you've already merged. I've resolved that by merging those block
layer changes; please let me know if you want this done differently.

Thanks,
Andreas

The following changes since commit b4b52b881cf08e13d110eac811d4becc0775abbf:

  Merge tag 'Wimplicit-fallthrough-5.2-rc1' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gustavoars/linux
(2019-05-07 12:48:10 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gfs2/linux-gfs2.git
tags/gfs2-for-5.2

for you to fetch changes up to dd665ce42728aa985ec4c7002ffe8690cde74c54:

  Merge tag 'for-5.2/block-20190507' of
git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block (2019-05-08 10:30:57 +0200)

We've got the following patches ready for this merge window:

"gfs2: Fix loop in gfs2_rbm_find (v2)"

  A rework of a fix we ended up reverting in 5.0 because of an iozone
  performance regression.

"gfs2: read journal in large chunks" and
"gfs2: fix race between gfs2_freeze_func and unmount"

  An improved version of a commit we also ended up reverting in 5.0
  because of a regression in xfstest generic/311.  It turns out that the
  journal changes were mostly innocent and that unfreeze didn't wait for
  the freeze to complete, which caused the filesystem to be unmounted
  before it was actually idle.

"gfs2: Fix occasional glock use-after-free"
"gfs2: Fix iomap write page reclaim deadlock"
"gfs2: Fix lru_count going negative"

  Fixes for various problems reported and partially fixed by Citrix
  engineers.  Thank you very much.

"gfs2: clean_journal improperly set sd_log_flush_head"

  Another fix from Bob.

A few other minor cleanups.

Abhi Das (2):
      gfs2: fix race between gfs2_freeze_func and unmount
      gfs2: read journal in large chunks

Andreas Gruenbacher (8):
      gfs2: Fix loop in gfs2_rbm_find (v2)
      gfs2: Fix occasional glock use-after-free
      gfs2: Remove misleading comments in gfs2_evict_inode
      gfs2: Remove unnecessary extern declarations
      gfs2: Rename sd_log_le_{revoke,ordered}
      gfs2: Rename gfs2_trans_{add_unrevoke => remove_revoke}
      gfs2: Fix iomap write page reclaim deadlock
      Merge tag 'for-5.2/block-20190507' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Bob Peterson (2):
      gfs2: clean_journal improperly set sd_log_flush_head
      gfs2: Replace gl_revokes with a GLF flag

Ross Lagerwall (1):
      gfs2: Fix lru_count going negative

 fs/gfs2/aops.c       |  14 ++-
 fs/gfs2/bmap.c       | 118 ++++++++++++++---------
 fs/gfs2/bmap.h       |   1 +
 fs/gfs2/dir.c        |   2 +-
 fs/gfs2/glock.c      |  25 +++--
 fs/gfs2/glops.c      |   3 +-
 fs/gfs2/incore.h     |   9 +-
 fs/gfs2/log.c        |  47 ++++++----
 fs/gfs2/log.h        |   5 +-
 fs/gfs2/lops.c       | 260 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 fs/gfs2/lops.h       |  11 +--
 fs/gfs2/main.c       |   1 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c |   7 +-
 fs/gfs2/recovery.c   | 135 ++------------------------
 fs/gfs2/recovery.h   |   4 +-
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c       |  56 ++++++-----
 fs/gfs2/super.c      |  20 ++--
 fs/gfs2/trans.c      |   4 +-
 fs/gfs2/trans.h      |   2 +-
 fs/gfs2/xattr.c      |   6 +-

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 17:55 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2019-05-08 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Gruenbacher; +Cc: cluster-devel, LKML

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 4:49 AM Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@redhat.com> wrote:

> There was a conflict with commit 2b070cfe582b ("block: remove the i
> argument to bio_for_each_segment_all") on Jens's block layer changes
> which you've already merged. I've resolved that by merging those block
> layer changes; please let me know if you want this done differently.

PLEASE.

I say this to somebody pretty much every single merge window: don't do
merges for me.

You are actually just hurting, not helping. I want to know what the
conflicts are, not by being told after-the-fact, but by just seeing
them and resolving them.

Yes, I like being _warned_ ahead of time - partly just as a heads up
to me, but partly also to show that the maintainers are aware of the
notifications from linux-next, and that linux-next is working as
intended, and people aren't just ignoring what it reports.

But I do *NOT* want to see maintainers cross-merging each others trees.

It can cause nasty problems, ranging from simply mis-merges to causing
me to not pull a tree at all because one side of the development
effort had done something wrong.

And yes, mis-merges happen - and they happen to me too. It's fairly
rare, but it can be subtle and painful when it does happen.

But (a) I do a _lot_ of merges, so I'm pretty good at them, and (b) if
_I_ do the merge, at least I know about the conflict and am not as
taken by surprise by possible problems due to a mis-merge.

And that kind of thing is really really important to me as an upstream
maintainer. I *need* to know when different subtrees step on each
others toes.

As a result, even when there's a conflict and a merge is perfectly
fine, I want to know about it and see it, and I want to have the
option to pull the maintainer trees in different orders (or not pull
one tree at all), which means that maintainers *MUST NOT* do
cross-tree merges. See?

And I don't want to see back-merges (ie merges from my upstream tree,
as opposed to merges between different maintainer trees) either, even
as a "let me help Linus, he's already merged the other tree, I'll do
the merge for him". That's not helping, that's just hiding the issue.

Now, very very occasionally I will hit a merge that is so hard that I
will go "Hmm, I really need the involved parties to sort this out".
Honestly, I can't remember the last time that happened, but it _has_
happened.

Much more commonly, I'll do the merge, but ask for verification,
saying "ok, this looked more subtle than I like, and I can't test any
of it, so can you check out my merge". Even that isn't all that
common, but it definitely happens.

There is _one_ very special kind of merge that I like maintainers
doing: the "test merge".

That test merge wouldn't be sent to me in the pull request as the
primary signed pull, but it's useful for the maintainer to do to do a
final *check* before doing the pull request, so that you as a
maintainer know what's going on, and perhaps to warn me about
conflicts.

If you do a test merge, and you think the test merge was complex, you
might then point to your resolution in the pull request as a "this is
how I would do it". But you should not make that merge be *the* pull
request.

One additional advantage of a test merge is that it actually gives a
"more correct" diffstat for the pull request. Particularly if the pull
request is for something with complex history (ie you as a maintainer
have sub-maintainers, and have pulled other peoples work), a
test-merge can get a much better diffstat. I don't _require_ that
better diffstat, though - I can see how you got the "odd" diffstat if
you don't do a test merge - but it's can be a "quality of pull
request" thing.

See what I'm saying? You would ask me to pull the un-merged state, but
then say "I noticed a few merge conflicts when I did my test merge,
and this is what I did" kind of aside.

                     Linus

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 18:06   ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2019-05-08 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Gruenbacher; +Cc: cluster-devel, LKML

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:55 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> See what I'm saying? You would ask me to pull the un-merged state, but
> then say "I noticed a few merge conflicts when I did my test merge,
> and this is what I did" kind of aside.

Side note: this is more important if you know of a merge issue that
doesn't cause a conflict, and that I won't see in my simple build
tests.

For example, in this case, the merge issue doesn't cause a conflict
(because it's a totally new user of bio_for_each_segment_all() and the
syntax changed in another branch), but I see it trivially when I do a
test build, since the compiler spews out lots of warnings, and so I
can trivially fix it up (and you _mentioning_ the issue gives me the
heads up that you knew about it and what it's all about).

But if it's other architectures, or only happens under special config
options etc, I might not have seen the merge issue at all. And then
it's really good if the maintainer talks about it and shows that yes,
the maintainer knows what he's doing.

Now I'm in the situation where I have actually done the merge the way
I *like* doing them, and without your superfluous merge commit. But if
I use my merge, I'll lose the signature from your tag, because you
signed *your* merge that I didn't actually want to use at all.

See? Your "helpful" merge actually caused me extra work, and made me
have to pick one of two *worse* situations than if you had just tagged
your own development tree. Either my tree has a extra pointless merge
commit, or my tree lacks your signature on your work.

I'll just undo my pull, and delay it all in the hope that you'll just
send me a new signed tag of the non-merged state.

                   Linus

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 20:17     ` Andreas Gruenbacher
From: Andreas Gruenbacher @ 2019-05-08 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, LKML, Tobin C. Harding

Linus,

On Wed, 8 May 2019 at 20:06, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:55 AM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > See what I'm saying? You would ask me to pull the un-merged state, but
> > then say "I noticed a few merge conflicts when I did my test merge,
> > and this is what I did" kind of aside.
>
> Side note: this is more important if you know of a merge issue that
> doesn't cause a conflict, and that I won't see in my simple build
> tests.
>
> For example, in this case, the merge issue doesn't cause a conflict
> (because it's a totally new user of bio_for_each_segment_all() and the
> syntax changed in another branch), but I see it trivially when I do a
> test build, since the compiler spews out lots of warnings, and so I
> can trivially fix it up (and you _mentioning_ the issue gives me the
> heads up that you knew about it and what it's all about).
>
> But if it's other architectures, or only happens under special config
> options etc, I might not have seen the merge issue at all. And then
> it's really good if the maintainer talks about it and shows that yes,
> the maintainer knows what he's doing.
>
> Now I'm in the situation where I have actually done the merge the way
> I *like* doing them, and without your superfluous merge commit. But if
> I use my merge, I'll lose the signature from your tag, because you
> signed *your* merge that I didn't actually want to use at all.
>
> See? Your "helpful" merge actually caused me extra work, and made me
> have to pick one of two *worse* situations than if you had just tagged
> your own development tree. Either my tree has a extra pointless merge
> commit, or my tree lacks your signature on your work.

Ok, got it.

Would it make sense to describe how to deal with merge conflicts in
Documentation/maintainer/pull-requests.rst to stop people from getting
this wrong over and over again?

Thanks,
Andreas

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 20:21       ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2019-05-08 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Gruenbacher; +Cc: cluster-devel, LKML, Tobin C. Harding

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:17 PM Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@redhat.com> wrote:

> Would it make sense to describe how to deal with merge conflicts in
> Documentation/maintainer/pull-requests.rst to stop people from getting
> this wrong over and over again?

Probably. I do think it got written up at some point (lwn or something
like that), but it's possible it never got made into an actual
documentation file..

Anybody want to try to massage that email into the appropriate doc file?

              Linus

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 20:58       ` Jonathan Corbet
From: Jonathan Corbet @ 2019-05-08 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Gruenbacher
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, cluster-devel, LKML, Tobin C. Harding, Dan Williams

On Wed, 8 May 2019 22:17:12 +0200
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@redhat.com> wrote:

> Would it make sense to describe how to deal with merge conflicts in
> Documentation/maintainer/pull-requests.rst to stop people from getting
> this wrong over and over again?

I think this certainly belongs in the maintainer manual, but probably not
in pull-requests.rst.  There are a lot of things about repository
management that seem to trip up even experienced maintainers; pre-pull
merges is just one of those.  I would love to see a proper guide on when
and how to do merges in general.

CCing Dan, who has ambitions for the maintainer manual as well, just in
case he has anything in mind here.

Thanks,

jon

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 21:05         ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2019-05-08 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Corbet
  Cc: Andreas Gruenbacher, cluster-devel, LKML, Tobin C. Harding, Dan Williams

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:58 PM Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:

> I think this certainly belongs in the maintainer manual, but probably not
> in pull-requests.rst.  There are a lot of things about repository
> management that seem to trip up even experienced maintainers; pre-pull
> merges is just one of those.  I would love to see a proper guide on when
> and how to do merges in general.

We had another pull request issue today, about a situation that I
definitely know you've written about in the past, because I linked to
lwn in my email:

   https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAHk-=wiKoePP_9CM0fn_Vv1bYom7iB5N=ULaLLz7yOST3K+k5g@mail.gmail.com/

and while I suspect people don't actually read documentation
(_particularly_ maintainers that have already been around for a long
time but still do this), maybe that part could be in the same
documentation?

                 Linus

* Re: GFS2: Pull Request
@ 2019-05-08 21:50           ` Jonathan Corbet
From: Jonathan Corbet @ 2019-05-08 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Andreas Gruenbacher, cluster-devel, LKML, Tobin C. Harding, Dan Williams

On Wed, 8 May 2019 14:05:35 -0700
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:58 PM Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:
> >
> > I think this certainly belongs in the maintainer manual, but probably not
> > in pull-requests.rst.  There are a lot of things about repository
> > management that seem to trip up even experienced maintainers; pre-pull
> > merges is just one of those.  I would love to see a proper guide on when
> > and how to do merges in general.
>
> We had another pull request issue today, about a situation that I
> definitely know you've written about in the past, because I linked to
> lwn in my email:
>
>    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAHk-=wiKoePP_9CM0fn_Vv1bYom7iB5N=ULaLLz7yOST3K+k5g@mail.gmail.com/

Sigh, I never can escape my past sins...

> and while I suspect people don't actually read documentation
> (_particularly_ maintainers that have already been around for a long
> time but still do this), maybe that part could be in the same
> documentation?

Something derived from that would make sense, yes.  I'll see if I can't
pull something together, unless by some delightful miracle somebody beats
me to it.

jon

* cross-merges with MFD tree (was: Re: GFS2: Pull Request)
@ 2019-05-28 18:55   ` Jacek Anaszewski
From: Jacek Anaszewski @ 2019-05-28 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, Linux LED Subsystem, Lee Jones, Mark Brown

Hi Linus,

On 5/8/19 7:55 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 4:49 AM Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> There was a conflict with commit 2b070cfe582b ("block: remove the i
>> argument to bio_for_each_segment_all") on Jens's block layer changes
>> which you've already merged. I've resolved that by merging those block
>> layer changes; please let me know if you want this done differently.
>
> PLEASE.
>
> I say this to somebody pretty much every single merge window: don't do
> merges for me.
>
> You are actually just hurting, not helping. I want to know what the
> conflicts are, not by being told after-the-fact, but by just seeing
> them and resolving them.
>
> Yes, I like being _warned_ ahead of time - partly just as a heads up
> to me, but partly also to show that the maintainers are aware of the
> notifications from linux-next, and that linux-next is working as
> intended, and people aren't just ignoring what it reports.
>
> But I do *NOT* want to see maintainers cross-merging each others trees.

I would like to clarify if this applies to immutable integration
branches that are usually created for MFD subsystem. That subsystem
is somehow specific since changes made to MFD drivers are often a part
of bigger patch sets that add drivers of MFD cells to the other
subsystems.

Like in my area of interest an addition of a driver for LED cell
of MFD device must be followed by addition of a corresponding entry to
struct mfd_cell array in the related MFD driver.

And sometimes even another subsystem is involved, like e.g. regulator
framework in case of recent extension of ti-lmu driver.

So far you haven't complained about this specific workflow, but I'd like
to make sure how you see it.

--
Best regards,
Jacek Anaszewski

* Re: cross-merges with MFD tree (was: Re: GFS2: Pull Request)
@ 2019-05-29 11:40     ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2019-05-29 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacek Anaszewski; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, Linux LED Subsystem, Mark Brown

On Tue, 28 May 2019, Jacek Anaszewski wrote:

> Hi Linus,
>
> On 5/8/19 7:55 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 4:49 AM Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There was a conflict with commit 2b070cfe582b ("block: remove the i
> > > argument to bio_for_each_segment_all") on Jens's block layer changes
> > > which you've already merged. I've resolved that by merging those block
> > > layer changes; please let me know if you want this done differently.
> >
> > PLEASE.
> >
> > I say this to somebody pretty much every single merge window: don't do
> > merges for me.
> >
> > You are actually just hurting, not helping. I want to know what the
> > conflicts are, not by being told after-the-fact, but by just seeing
> > them and resolving them.
> >
> > Yes, I like being _warned_ ahead of time - partly just as a heads up
> > to me, but partly also to show that the maintainers are aware of the
> > notifications from linux-next, and that linux-next is working as
> > intended, and people aren't just ignoring what it reports.
> >
> > But I do *NOT* want to see maintainers cross-merging each others trees.
>
> I would like to clarify if this applies to immutable integration
> branches that are usually created for MFD subsystem. That subsystem
> is somehow specific since changes made to MFD drivers are often a part
> of bigger patch sets that add drivers of MFD cells to the other
> subsystems.
>
> Like in my area of interest an addition of a driver for LED cell
> of MFD device must be followed by addition of a corresponding entry to
> struct mfd_cell array in the related MFD driver.
>
> And sometimes even another subsystem is involved, like e.g. regulator
> framework in case of recent extension of ti-lmu driver.
>
> So far you haven't complained about this specific workflow, but I'd like
> to make sure how you see it.

After you bought this conversation to my attention last week, I took
the initiative and spoke to a few senior maintainers (Mark Brown,
Linus Walleij, etc) for their views.  I choose these guys because they
are commonly on the receiving end of my Pull Requests when we need to
do this.

Due to its inherent nature, MFD usually finds itself interacting with
other subsystems in ways which deal with both physical merge conflicts
and build dependencies.  For some time now the vast majority of the
other maintainers I work with and I have believed, and still do, that
the best way to mitigate these issues is to produce small, succinct,
immutable topic branches.  These branches only usually contain a few
patches and serve to solve a specific potential issue - usually
build-time problems, but also have the added bonus of preventing merge
conflicts and keeping us out of the forefront of Linus' mind (and out
of trouble!)

We've been doing this for some time and have interacted with many
subsystems (ACPI, ASoC, ARM-SoC, Clocksource, Excon, GPIO, Hwmon, I2C,
IIO, Input, IRQChip, LED, PWM, Media, Net, Pinctrl, Platform, Power,
Regulator, RTC, USB, Video, Watchdog, etc, etc) over the years [0].

In my mind, small, immutable topic branches is still the cleanest way
to deal with the issues facing MFD currently.  And is not what Linus
is detailing in his recent mail(s) on the subject.  We are not "doing
merges on his behalf", we are ensuring; buildable, bisectable,
error-free branches/history that will also merge cleanly.

[0] `git log --oneline --grep ib-mfd mainline/master`

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Linaro Services Technical Lead

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2010-05-18  8:38 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2010-05-18  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please consider pulling the following patches for GFS2,

Steve.

The following changes since commit b72c40949b0f04728f2993a1434598d3bad094ea:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../jbarnes/pci-2.6

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Abhijith Das (1):
      GFS2: Fix writing to non-page aligned gfs2_quota structures

Andrea Gelmini (1):
      GFS2: docs update

Benjamin Marzinski (1):
      GFS2: Various gfs2_logd improvements

Bob Peterson (3):
      GFS2: glock livelock
      GFS2: Eliminate useless err variable
      GFS2: stuck in inode wait, no glocks stuck

Christoph Hellwig (1):
      GFS2: fix quota state reporting

Steven Whitehouse (4):
      GFS2: Remove space from slab cache name
      GFS2: Clean up stuffed file copying
      GFS2: Add some useful messages
      GFS2: Fix typo

 Documentation/filesystems/gfs2.txt |   12 ++--
 fs/gfs2/aops.c                     |    8 +-
 fs/gfs2/bmap.c                     |   17 +++--
 fs/gfs2/dir.c                      |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/export.c                   |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/glock.c                    |    3 +
 fs/gfs2/incore.h                   |   11 ++-
 fs/gfs2/inode.c                    |  101 +++++++++++++++++++++--
 fs/gfs2/inode.h                    |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/log.c                      |  158 ++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 fs/gfs2/log.h                      |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/lops.c                     |    2 +
 fs/gfs2/main.c                     |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.c                  |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c               |   19 +++--
 fs/gfs2/quota.c                    |  102 +++++++++++++++++-------
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c                     |   68 +++++++++-------
 fs/gfs2/super.c                    |   11 ++-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c                      |    6 +-
 fs/gfs2/trans.c                    |   18 ++++

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2010-03-02 11:03 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2010-03-02 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, cluster-devel

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following GFS2 changes,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 30ff056c42c665b9ea535d8515890857ae382540:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'x86-uv-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../tip/linux-2.6-tip

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Abhijith Das (1):
      GFS2: Remove old, unused linked list code from quota

Bob Peterson (1):
      GFS2: print glock numbers in hex

Dave Chinner (1):
      GFS2: ordered writes are backwards

Steven Whitehouse (2):
      GFS2: Metadata address space clean up
      GFS2: Remove loopy umount code

 fs/gfs2/aops.c              |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/glock.c             |   75 ++++++++++++++-----------------------------
 fs/gfs2/glock.h             |    7 ++++
 fs/gfs2/glops.c             |   16 +++++----
 fs/gfs2/incore.h            |    5 +--
 fs/gfs2/inode.c             |    6 +--
 fs/gfs2/lock_dlm.c          |    5 ++-
 fs/gfs2/lops.c              |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/main.c              |   28 ++++++++++++++++
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.c           |   46 +++-----------------------
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.h           |   12 ++++++-
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c        |    4 +--
 fs/gfs2/super.c             |   27 +++++----------
 fs/gfs2/sys.c               |    2 -
 fs/gfs2/util.c              |    1 +
 fs/gfs2/util.h              |    1 +
 include/linux/gfs2_ondisk.h |   30 +----------------

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2009-12-03 15:01 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-12-03 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, linux-kernel

Hi,

Since the patches were posted to lkml, I'd fixed two typos in the git
comments and added one bug fix to the mix (GFS2: Fix glock refcount
issues). Otherwise, this is identical to the patch set I posted last
week. Please consider pulling the following changes:

The following changes since commit 22763c5cf3690a681551162c15d34d935308c8d7:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 2.6.32

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Benjamin Marzinski (3):
      GFS2: Improve statfs and quota usability
      GFS2: remove division from new statfs code
      GFS2: drop rindex glock to refresh rindex list

Christoph Hellwig (1):
      GFS2: add barrier/nobarrier mount options

Steven Whitehouse (26):
      GFS2: Fix potential race in glock code
      GFS2: Fix -o meta mounts for subsequent mounts (i.e. all but the first one)
      GFS2: Fix up system xattrs
      VFS: Add forget_all_cached_acls()
      GFS2: Use forget_all_cached_acls()
      GFS2: Use gfs2_set_mode() instead of munge_mode()
      GFS2: Clean up ACLs
      GFS2: Add cached ACLs support
      VFS: Use GFP_NOFS in posix_acl_from_xattr()
      GFS2: Alter arguments of gfs2_quota/statfs_sync
      GFS2: Hook gfs2_quota_sync into VFS via gfs2_quotactl_ops
      GFS2: Remove obsolete code in quota.c
      GFS2: Add get_xstate quota function
      GFS2: Add proper error reporting to quota sync via sysfs
      GFS2: Remove constant argument from qdsb_get()
      GFS2: Remove constant argument from qd_get()
      GFS2: Clean up gfs2_adjust_quota() and do_glock()
      GFS2: Add get_xquota support
      GFS2: Add set_xquota support
      VFS: Export dquot_send_warning
      GFS2: Use dquot_send_warning()
      GFS2: Display nobarrier option in /proc/mounts
      GFS2: Remove dirent_first() function
      GFS2: Locking order fix in gfs2_check_blk_state
      GFS2: Tag all metadata with jid
      GFS2: Fix glock refcount issues

Wu Fengguang (1):
      writeback: remove unused nonblocking and congestion checks (gfs2)

 fs/gfs2/Kconfig             |    2 +
 fs/gfs2/acl.c               |  357 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 fs/gfs2/acl.h               |   24 +--
 fs/gfs2/aops.c              |   20 +--
 fs/gfs2/dir.c               |   34 +----
 fs/gfs2/glock.c             |   31 ++--
 fs/gfs2/glock.h             |    9 -
 fs/gfs2/glops.c             |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/incore.h            |    5 +
 fs/gfs2/inode.c             |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/log.c               |    2 +
 fs/gfs2/lops.c              |    4 +
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c        |  154 +++++++++++++++---
 fs/gfs2/quota.c             |  393 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 fs/gfs2/quota.h             |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/recovery.c          |    2 +
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c              |   14 +-
 fs/gfs2/super.c             |  110 +++++++++++--
 fs/gfs2/super.h             |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c               |   14 +-
 fs/gfs2/xattr.c             |   74 +++++----
 fs/gfs2/xattr.h             |    8 +-
 fs/quota/Kconfig            |    2 +-
 fs/quota/dquot.c            |   93 +---------
 fs/quota/quota.c            |   93 ++++++++++
 fs/xattr_acl.c              |    2 +-
 include/linux/gfs2_ondisk.h |    6 +-
 include/linux/posix_acl.h   |   14 ++
 include/linux/quota.h       |   11 ++

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2009-09-14  8:08 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-09-14  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, linux-kernel

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 894ef820b10d77e2d6d717342fc408bdd9825139:
  Randy Dunlap (1):
        dm-log-userspace: fix printk format warning

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Bob Peterson (1):
      GFS2: Add "-o errors=panic|withdraw" mount options

Roel Kluin (1):
      GFS2: jumping to wrong label?

Steven Whitehouse (13):
      GFS2: Add online uevent to GFS2
      GFS2: Add some more info to uevents
      GFS2: Improve error handling in inode allocation
      GFS2: Replace assertion with proper error handling
      GFS2: Add sysfs link to device
      GFS2: Add a document explaining GFS2's uevents
      GFS2: Add explanation of extended attr on-disk format
      GFS2: Clean up of extended attribute support
      GFS2: Rename eattr.[ch] as xattr.[ch]
      GFS2: Remove no_formal_ino generating code
      GFS2: Be extra careful about deallocating inodes
      GFS2: Remove unused sysfs file
      GFS2: Whitespace fixes

Wengang Wang (1):
      GFS2: free disk inode which is deleted by remote node -V2

 Documentation/filesystems/gfs2-uevents.txt |  100 +++++++
 fs/gfs2/Makefile                           |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/acl.c                              |  106 +++----
 fs/gfs2/dentry.c                           |   18 ++
 fs/gfs2/eaops.c                            |  157 ----------
 fs/gfs2/eaops.h                            |   30 --
 fs/gfs2/export.c                           |   36 +--
 fs/gfs2/file.c                             |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/incore.h                           |   15 +-
 fs/gfs2/inode.c                            |  159 +----------
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c                       |   66 ++---
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c                        |   82 +++---
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c                             |   82 +++++-
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.h                             |    6 +-
 fs/gfs2/super.c                            |   46 +++-
 fs/gfs2/super.h                            |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c                              |   31 ++-
 fs/gfs2/util.c                             |   41 ++-
 fs/gfs2/{eattr.c => xattr.c}               |  425 ++++++++++++++++------------
 fs/gfs2/{eattr.h => xattr.h}               |   54 +---
 include/linux/gfs2_ondisk.h                |   22 ++
 create mode 100644 Documentation/filesystems/gfs2-uevents.txt
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/eaops.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/eaops.h
 rename fs/gfs2/{eattr.c => xattr.c} (79%)
 rename fs/gfs2/{eattr.h => xattr.h} (53%)

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2009-06-11 10:51 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-06-11 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, linux-kernel

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes. I have one other patch (not
in this tree) for the current merge window and I'll send that once the
tracing code upon which it depends has been merged,

Steve.

The following changes since commit a4d7749be5de4a7261bcbe3c7d96c748792ec455:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge git://git.kernel.org/.../gregkh/staging-2.6

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Abhijith Das (2):
      GFS2: Fix timestamps on write
      GFS2: smbd proccess hangs with flock() call.

Steven Whitehouse (23):
      GFS2: Update the rw flags
      GFS2: Optimise writepage for metadata
      GFS2: Something nonlinear this way comes!
      GFS2: Move journal live test at transaction start
      GFS2: Add commit= mount option
      GFS2: Remove a couple of unused sysfs entries
      GFS2: Umount recovery race fix
      GFS2: Update docs
      GFS2: Don't warn when delete inode fails on ro filesystem
      GFS2: Improve resource group error handling
      GFS2: Add a rgrp bitmap full flag
      GFS2: Be more aggressive in reclaiming unlinked inodes
      GFS2: Clean up some file names
      GFS2: Merge mount.c and ops_super.c into super.c
      GFS2: Move gfs2_rmdiri into ops_inode.c
      GFS2: Move gfs2_readlinki into ops_inode.c
      GFS2: Move gfs2_unlink_ok into ops_inode.c
      GFS2: Remove lockstruct subdir from gfs2 sysfs files
      GFS2: Remove args subdir from gfs2 sysfs files
      GFS2: Remove unused variable
      GFS2: Fix locking issue mounting gfs2meta fs
      GFS2: Fix cache coherency between truncate and O_DIRECT read
      GFS2: Merge gfs2_get_sb into gfs2_get_sb_meta

 Documentation/filesystems/gfs2-glocks.txt |    2 +-
 Documentation/filesystems/gfs2.txt        |   19 +-
 fs/gfs2/Kconfig                           |    1 +
 fs/gfs2/Makefile                          |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/{ops_address.c => aops.c}         |   21 +-
 fs/gfs2/bmap.c                            |   12 +-
 fs/gfs2/{ops_dentry.c => dentry.c}        |    0
 fs/gfs2/dir.c                             |   11 +-
 fs/gfs2/eattr.c                           |   14 +-
 fs/gfs2/{ops_export.c => export.c}        |    0
 fs/gfs2/{ops_file.c => file.c}            |   36 +-
 fs/gfs2/glock.c                           |   21 +-
 fs/gfs2/glops.c                           |   20 +-
 fs/gfs2/incore.h                          |   27 +-
 fs/gfs2/inode.c                           |  150 +-----
 fs/gfs2/inode.h                           |   52 +-
 fs/gfs2/log.c                             |    6 +-
 fs/gfs2/lops.c                            |   14 +-
 fs/gfs2/main.c                            |    8 +
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.c                         |  105 +++-
 fs/gfs2/mount.c                           |  185 ------
 fs/gfs2/ops_address.h                     |   23 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c                      |   68 +--
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c                       |  146 +++++
 fs/gfs2/ops_super.c                       |  723 -----------------------
 fs/gfs2/quota.c                           |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/recovery.c                        |  102 +---
 fs/gfs2/recovery.h                        |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c                            |  141 +++--
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.h                            |   47 +-
 fs/gfs2/super.c                           |  903 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c                             |  245 +++------
 fs/gfs2/trans.c                           |    9 +-
 rename fs/gfs2/{ops_address.c => aops.c} (98%)
 rename fs/gfs2/{ops_dentry.c => dentry.c} (100%)
 rename fs/gfs2/{ops_export.c => export.c} (100%)
 rename fs/gfs2/{ops_file.c => file.c} (97%)
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/mount.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/ops_address.h
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/ops_super.c

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2009-04-15 11:26 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-04-15 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, linux-kernel

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following small GFS2 fixes,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 0882e8dd3aad33eca41696d463bb896e6c8817eb:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 2.6.30-rc2

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-fixes.git master

Christoph Hellwig (1):
      GFS2: cleanup file_operations mess

Steven Whitehouse (3):
      GFS2: Make quotad's waiting interruptible
      GFS2: Fix symlink creation race
      GFS2: Move umount flush rwsem

Xu Gang (1):
      GFS2: Use DEFINE_SPINLOCK

 fs/gfs2/glock.c     |   10 +++++-----
 fs/gfs2/inode.c     |    8 ++++----
 fs/gfs2/inode.h     |   14 ++++++++------
 fs/gfs2/ops_file.c  |    8 ++++----
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c |    1 +
 fs/gfs2/quota.c     |    4 ++--

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2009-03-24 12:20 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-03-24 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, linux-kernel

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following GFS2 changes. There are two very small
(2 line) bug fixes since the posting to lkml, otherwise the tree is identical,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 8e0ee43bc2c3e19db56a4adaa9a9b04ce885cd84:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 2.6.29

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Abhijith Das (2):
      GFS2: Bring back lvb-related stuff to lock_nolock to support quotas
      GFS2: change gfs2_quota_scan into a shrinker

Benjamin Marzinski (1):
      GFS2: Fix locking bug in failed shared to exclusive conversion

Hannes Eder (2):
      GFS2: fix sparse warnings: constant is so big it is ...
      GFS2: fix sparse warning: Should it be static?

Hisashi Hifumi (1):
      GFS2: Pagecache usage optimization on GFS2

Steven Whitehouse (14):
      GFS2: Fix remount argument parsing
      GFS2: Remove "double" locking in quota
      GFS2: Merge lock_dlm module into GFS2
      GFS2: Remove unused field from glock
      GFS2: Fix error path ref counting for root inode
      GFS2: Fix deadlock on journal flush
      GFS2: Support generation of discard requests
      GFS2: Expose UUID via sysfs/uevent
      GFS2: Add a "demote a glock" interface to sysfs
      GFS2: Fix alignment issue and tidy gfs2_bitfit
      GFS2: Support quota/noquota mount arguments
      GFS2: Clean up of glops.c
      Fix a minor bug in the previous patch
      GFS2: Fix freeze issue

 fs/gfs2/Kconfig                |   17 +-
 fs/gfs2/Makefile               |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/acl.c                  |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/bmap.c                 |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/dir.c                  |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/eaops.c                |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/eattr.c                |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/glock.c                |  268 +++++-----------
 fs/gfs2/glock.h                |  127 +++++++-
 fs/gfs2/glops.c                |  160 +++++-----
 fs/gfs2/glops.h                |    1 +
 fs/gfs2/incore.h               |   71 ++++-
 fs/gfs2/inode.c                |   13 +-
 fs/gfs2/inode.h                |   22 +-
 fs/gfs2/lock_dlm.c             |  241 ++++++++++++++
 fs/gfs2/locking.c              |  232 -------------
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/Makefile   |    3 -
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/lock.c     |  708 ----------------------------------------
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/lock_dlm.h |  166 ----------
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/main.c     |   48 ---
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/mount.c    |  276 ----------------
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/sysfs.c    |  226 -------------
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/thread.c   |   68 ----
 fs/gfs2/log.c                  |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/lops.c                 |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/main.c                 |   13 +-
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.c              |   22 --
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.h              |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/mount.c                |  128 ++------
 fs/gfs2/mount.h                |   17 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_address.c          |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/ops_dentry.c           |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_export.c           |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_file.c             |   76 ++---
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c           |  156 ++++++---
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c            |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_super.c            |   44 ++-
 fs/gfs2/quota.c                |  203 ++++++------
 fs/gfs2/quota.h                |    2 +
 fs/gfs2/recovery.c             |   28 +-
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c                 |  189 +++++++----
 fs/gfs2/super.c                |    3 -
 fs/gfs2/super.h                |   26 +-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c                  |  236 +++++++++++++-
 fs/gfs2/trans.c                |   19 +-
 fs/gfs2/util.c                 |   11 +-
 include/linux/lm_interface.h   |  277 ----------------
 create mode 100644 fs/gfs2/lock_dlm.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/lock.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/lock_dlm.h
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/main.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/mount.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/sysfs.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/thread.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/mount.h
 delete mode 100644 include/linux/lm_interface.h

* GFS2: Pull request
@ 2009-01-05  9:34 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-01-05  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: cluster-devel, linux-kernel

Hi,

Please consider pulling the following changes. There have been two
changes since the patches were posted for review:

1. Revert and apply a new (smaller, neater, better) fix for the
use-after-free bug.
2. Julia's one-liner DEFINE_SPINLOCK clean up

Otherwise, everything is the same,

Steve.

The following changes since commit fe0bdec68b77020281dc814805edfe594ae89e0f:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'audit.b61' of git://git.kernel.org/.../viro/audit-current

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git master

Harvey Harrison (1):
      GFS2: sparse annotation of gl->gl_spin

Julia Lawall (1):
      GFS2: Use DEFINE_SPINLOCK

Steven Whitehouse (25):
      GFS2: Support for FIEMAP ioctl
      GFS2: Rationalise header files
      GFS2: Fix up jdata writepage/delete_inode
      GFS2: Move generation number into "proper" part of inode
      GFS2: Move "entries" into "proper" inode
      GFS2: Move di_eattr into "proper" inode
      GFS2: Move i_size from gfs2_dinode_host and rename it to i_disksize
      GFS2: Banish struct gfs2_dinode_host
      GFS2: Move rg_igeneration into struct gfs2_rgrpd
      GFS2: Move rg_free from gfs2_rgrpd_host to gfs2_rgrpd
      GFS2: Banish struct gfs2_rgrpd_host
      GFS2: Add more detail to debugfs glock dumps
      GFS2: Clean up & move gfs2_quotad
      GFS2: Fix "truncate in progress" hang
      GFS2: Move gfs2_recoverd into recovery.c
      GFS2: Kill two daemons with one patch
      GFS2: Send some sensible sysfs stuff
      GFS2: Fix bug in gfs2_lock_fs_check_clean()
      GFS2: Move four functions from super.c
      GFS2: Remove ancient, unused code
      GFS2: Fix use-after-free bug on umount
      GFS2: Send useful information with uevent messages
      GFS2: Streamline alloc calculations for writes
      Revert "GFS2: Fix use-after-free bug on umount"
      GFS2: Fix use-after-free bug on umount (try #2)

 fs/gfs2/Makefile            |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/acl.c               |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/bmap.c              |   77 +++--------
 fs/gfs2/bmap.h              |   34 +++++-
 fs/gfs2/daemon.c            |  136 -------------------
 fs/gfs2/daemon.h            |   17 ---
 fs/gfs2/dir.c               |   62 +++++-----
 fs/gfs2/dir.h               |    1 +
 fs/gfs2/eattr.c             |   40 +++---
 fs/gfs2/glock.c             |  303 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 fs/gfs2/glock.h             |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/glops.c             |   56 ++++++---
 fs/gfs2/incore.h            |   55 +++------
 fs/gfs2/inode.c             |   53 ++++----
 fs/gfs2/inode.h             |   13 ++-
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/mount.c |   12 ++-
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/sysfs.c |   16 ++-
 fs/gfs2/main.c              |   15 ++-
 fs/gfs2/mount.c             |   29 +----
 fs/gfs2/ops_address.c       |   32 +++---
 fs/gfs2/ops_dentry.c        |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/ops_dentry.h        |   17 ---
 fs/gfs2/ops_export.c        |    5 +-
 fs/gfs2/ops_file.c          |   22 ++--
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c        |  125 ++++++++++++------
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.h        |   19 ---
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c         |   75 +++++++++--
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.h         |   25 ----
 fs/gfs2/ops_super.c         |  149 +++++++++++++++++++--
 fs/gfs2/ops_super.h         |   17 ---
 fs/gfs2/quota.c             |  113 +++++++++++++++--
 fs/gfs2/quota.h             |   24 ++--
 fs/gfs2/recovery.c          |   48 +++++++-
 fs/gfs2/recovery.h          |   14 +-
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c              |   58 ++++-----
 fs/gfs2/super.c             |  246 +----------------------------------
 fs/gfs2/super.h             |   13 +-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c               |   66 +++-------
 fs/gfs2/sys.h               |    4 -
 fs/gfs2/util.c              |    1 +
 fs/gfs2/util.h              |    1 +
 fs/ioctl.c                  |   44 +++++--
 include/linux/fs.h          |    3 +
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/daemon.c
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/daemon.h
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/ops_dentry.h
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.h
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.h
 delete mode 100644 fs/gfs2/ops_super.h

* GFS2 Pull request
@ 2008-01-25  9:46 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2008-01-25  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've dropped out a couple of the patches related to journaling. Those
will now do an extra round of my git tree and will likely be merged next
time. Other than that, the patches in the GFS2 -nme git tree are exactly
as recently posted.

Please consider pulling the following changes,

Steve.

The following changes since commit 49914084e797530d9baaf51df9eda77babc98fa8:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 2.6.24

are found in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git

Abhijith Das (2):
      [GFS2] patch to check for recursive lock requests in gfs2_rename code path
      [GFS2] Allow journal recovery on read-only mount

Bob Peterson (16):
      [GFS2] Given device ID rather than s_id in "id" sysfs file
      [GFS2] Remove function gfs2_get_block
      [GFS2] Journal extent mapping
      [GFS2] Get rid of useless "found" variable in quota.c
      [GFS2] Run through full bitmaps quicker in gfs2_bitfit
      [GFS2] Reorganize function gfs2_glmutex_lock
      [GFS2] Only fetch the dinode once in block_map
      [GFS2] Function meta_read optimization
      [GFS2] Incremental patch to fix compiler warning
      [GFS2] Eliminate the no longer needed sd_statfs_mutex
      [GFS2] Minor correction
      [GFS2] Initialize extent_list earlier
      [GFS2] Remove unneeded i_spin
      [GFS2] gfs2_alloc_required performance
      [GFS2] Fix typo
      [GFS2] Lockup on error

David Teigland (3):
      [GFS2] check kthread_should_stop when waiting
      [GFS2] tidy up error message
      [GFS2] use pid for plock owner for nfs clients

Fabio M. Di Nitto (1):
      [GFS2] Remove unrequired code

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto (3):
      [GFS2] Check for installation of mount helpers for DLM mounts
      [GFS2] Fix runtime issue with UP kernels
      [GFS2] Fix build warnings

Ryan O'Hara (1):
      [GFS2] remove unnecessary permission checks

Steven Whitehouse (28):
      [GFS2] Clean up internal read function
      [GFS2] Use ->page_mkwrite() for mmap()
      [GFS2] Remove useless i_cache from inodes
      [GFS2] Remove unused field in struct gfs2_inode
      [GFS2] Add gfs2_is_writeback()
      [GFS2] Introduce gfs2_set_aops()
      [GFS2] Split gfs2_writepage into three cases
      [GFS2] Add writepages for GFS2 jdata
      [GFS2] Don't hold page lock when starting transaction
      [GFS2] Use correct include file in ops_address.c
      [GFS2] Remove unused variables
      [GFS2] Remove "reclaim limit"
      [GFS2] Add sync_page to metadata address space operations
      [GFS2] Reorder writeback for glock sync
      [GFS2] Remove flags no longer required
      [GFS2] Don't add glocks to the journal
      [GFS2] Use atomic_t for journal free blocks counter
      [GFS2] Move gfs2_logd into log.c
      [GFS2] Don't periodically update the jindex
      [GFS2] Remove unused variable
      [GFS2] Fix log block mapper
      [GFS2] Remove unused variable
      [GFS2] Allow page migration for writeback and ordered pages
      [GFS2] Fix problems relating to execution of files on GFS2
      [GFS2] Fix assert in log code
      [GFS2] Reduce inode size by moving i_alloc out of line
      [GFS2] Fix write alloc required shortcut calculation
      [GFS2] Fix page_mkwrite truncation race path

Wendy Cheng (2):
      [GFS2] Handle multiple glock demote requests
      [GFS2] Remove lock methods for lock_nolock protocol

 fs/gfs2/Makefile             |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/bmap.c               |   37 ++--
 fs/gfs2/bmap.h               |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/daemon.c             |   50 ----
 fs/gfs2/daemon.h             |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/dir.c                |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/eaops.c              |   84 +-----
 fs/gfs2/eattr.c              |    2 +-
 fs/gfs2/glock.c              |   83 ++----
 fs/gfs2/glops.c              |  110 ++------
 fs/gfs2/incore.h             |   47 +--
 fs/gfs2/inode.c              |   41 ++--
 fs/gfs2/inode.h              |   12 +
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/mount.c  |    5 +
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/plock.c  |   18 +-
 fs/gfs2/locking/dlm/thread.c |    9 +-
 fs/gfs2/log.c                |  119 +++++---
 fs/gfs2/log.h                |   14 +-
 fs/gfs2/lops.c               |   71 +----
 fs/gfs2/main.c               |    3 +-
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.c            |   97 ++-----
 fs/gfs2/meta_io.h            |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_address.c        |  649 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 fs/gfs2/ops_address.h        |    7 +-
 fs/gfs2/ops_file.c           |  229 +++++++++++-----
 fs/gfs2/ops_file.h           |   24 --
 fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c         |   73 +++++-
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.c          |   20 +-
 fs/gfs2/ops_inode.h          |    6 +
 fs/gfs2/ops_super.c          |    1 -
 fs/gfs2/ops_vm.c             |  169 -----------
 fs/gfs2/ops_vm.h             |   18 --
 fs/gfs2/quota.c              |   29 +--
 fs/gfs2/recovery.c           |   18 +-
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.c               |  104 ++++---
 fs/gfs2/rgrp.h               |    4 +-
 fs/gfs2/super.c              |   25 +-
 fs/gfs2/sys.c                |    7 +-
 fs/gfs2/trans.c              |    5 -