* linux-next: manual merge of the drm-intel tree with the pci tree
@ 2019-06-17  3:20 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-06-17  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Jani Nikula, Joonas Lahtinen, Rodrigo Vivi,
	Intel Graphics, DRI, Bjorn Helgaas
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Daniele Ceraolo Spurio, Chris Wilson, Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-intel tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h

between commit:

  151f4e2bdc7a ("docs: power: convert docs to ReST and rename to *.rst")

from the pci tree and commit:

  1bf676cc2dba ("drm/i915: move and rename i915_runtime_pm")

from the drm-intel tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the struct definition form this files as
the latter did - its comment will need to be fixed up in its new file)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-intel tree with the pci tree
@ 2019-06-24  3:53 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-06-24  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DRI, Bjorn Helgaas, Dave Airlie
  Cc: Daniel Vetter, Jani Nikula, Joonas Lahtinen, Rodrigo Vivi,
	Intel Graphics, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Daniele Ceraolo Spurio, Chris Wilson,
	Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Hi all,

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:20:27 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the drm-intel tree got a conflict in:
>
>   drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h
>
> between commit:
>
>   151f4e2bdc7a ("docs: power: convert docs to ReST and rename to *.rst")
>
> from the pci tree and commit:
>
>   1bf676cc2dba ("drm/i915: move and rename i915_runtime_pm")
>
> from the drm-intel tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just removed the struct definition form this files as
> the latter did - its comment will need to be fixed up in its new file)
> and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
> is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

This is now a conflict between the drm and pci trees.
--

@ 2019-07-08 23:55   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-07-08 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DRI, Bjorn Helgaas, Dave Airlie