* Re: net-next/master bisection: boot on beaglebone-black
       [not found] <5dd7d181.1c69fb81.64fbc.cd8a@mx.google.com>
@ 2019-11-22 17:36 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2019-11-22 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bot
  Cc: hulkci, tomeu.vizoso, guillaume.tucker, broonie, khilman, mgalka,
	enric.balletbo, yuehaibing, netdev, linux-kernel, andrew,
	f.fainelli, hkallweit1

From: "kernelci.org bot" <bot@kernelci.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:16:01 -0800 (PST)

>     mdio_bus: Fix PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant
>
>     Fix coccinelle warning:
>
>     ./drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:67:5-12: ERROR: PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant on line 62
>     ./drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:68:5-12: ERROR: PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant on line 62

The kernelci.org bot has posted at least a half dozen of these bisection
results for the same exact bug, which we've fixed two days ago....

This is becomming more like spam and not very useful....

* Re: net-next/master bisection: boot on beaglebone-black
@ 2019-11-22 18:02   ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2019-11-22 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller
  Cc: hulkci, tomeu.vizoso, broonie, khilman, mgalka, enric.balletbo,

On 22/11/2019 17:36, David Miller wrote:
> From: "kernelci.org bot" <bot@kernelci.org>
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:16:01 -0800 (PST)
>
>>     mdio_bus: Fix PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant
>>
>>     Fix coccinelle warning:
>>
>>     ./drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:67:5-12: ERROR: PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant on line 62
>>     ./drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:68:5-12: ERROR: PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant on line 62
>
> The kernelci.org bot has posted at least a half dozen of these bisection
> results for the same exact bug, which we've fixed two days ago....
>
> This is becomming more like spam and not very useful....

As far as I can tell, it's the first time someone replies to say
this issue is already fixed.  Sorry if I've missed an email.

Also, it's apparently not fixed in the net-next tree which
explains why it was reported again.  I guess we need to disable
bisections in net-next until it gets rebased and includes the
fix, and add a way to mark issues fixed somewhere else in
KernelCI to avoid this situation in the future.

Thanks,
Guillaume

* Re: net-next/master bisection: boot on beaglebone-black
@ 2019-11-22 18:11     ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2019-11-22 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guillaume.tucker
  Cc: hulkci, tomeu.vizoso, broonie, khilman, mgalka, enric.balletbo,
	yuehaibing, netdev, linux-kernel, andrew, f.fainelli, hkallweit1

From: Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@collabora.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 18:02:06 +0000

> As far as I can tell, it's the first time someone replies to say
> this issue is already fixed.  Sorry if I've missed an email.

I saw the first one and just ignored it hoping that since I had
the fix in 'net' these emails would simply stop.

> Also, it's apparently not fixed in the net-next tree which
> explains why it was reported again.  I guess we need to disable
> bisections in net-next until it gets rebased and includes the
> fix, and add a way to mark issues fixed somewhere else in
> KernelCI to avoid this situation in the future.

If you're not combining the net and the net-next tree, as Stephen
Rothwell's tree is doing, then you're going to run into this problem
every single day and spam us with these messages.

What is being done right now doesn't work.  You can't just wait for
net integration into net-next, that doesn't cut it.

* Re: net-next/master bisection: boot on beaglebone-black
@ 2019-11-22 19:27       ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-11-22 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller
  Cc: guillaume.tucker, hulkci, tomeu.vizoso, khilman, mgalka,